Cruise Vacation Documents

ShopperfiendTO

Hi,

Sorry if this a repost, but can anyone tell me if what I have received from the cruise travel agency is in fact all that I need to get on the plane, embark the ship, and get on the plane back?:

All I've received is a blue Oceania flip-over folder which contains a personalized Oceania cruise booklet and luggage tags. I was surprised and puzzled at the lack of documents (i.e., plane and cruise tickets, maps to dock, etc.) but since I received them over a month before sailing date, I thought that this was just a "first" delivery. I emailed the agency to confirm more would be coming nearer to departure date and the agency advised me that the booklet and luggage tags were all that was being sent and all that I need for the cruise... Apparently the plane tickets are e-tickets and I guess at the embarkation dock they'll already be expecting me so I just have to show them my passport?

This is my first cruise ever (I'm so excited!) and so don't know what to expect, and don't want to be faced with showing up at the airport or dock with "Tickets, please", to which I would only be able to respond with stunned silence (and then possibly bawling!)!

Thanks in advance!

That personalized booklet does cover it!

We had the same thing for our transAtlantic last month on Regatta, Miami to Barcelona.

Very convenient - no tickets to worry about - all done electronically.

Bon voyage!

You should also be receiving a cruise vacation summary, which is sent by e-mail approximately 14-21 days prior to sailing. It will give you the same information as the cruise vacation guide, however, it will also show any changes that were made to the booking after receiving the guide.

Shari

cruise lines, like the airlines are going more and more e-tickets, you will be fine. All you need is your passport as ID and everything will come together. Also, with many of the cruise lines, you can go online, and look under the "before you go" or "already booked" and you can fill out your passenger info forms, which they want you to do, book shore excursions if you want to, and usually print out your boarding passes.

Its the way it is these days - don't let it stress you, it will all be fine!!

Have a wonderful cruise, I'm sure you will.

We also worried when we didn't recieve any documents, only the book explaining all our bookings and iteneraries. We did get an email confirming all the reservations (air, stateroom, transfers, and pre-cruise info). No issues at the airport because it was e-ticket. When we arrived at embarkation, all we did is present our passports and give our names. Nothing could have been simplier. Took all of 5 minutes. Oceania is very organized. We had no complaints about any of our arrangements and we used them to book everything. Have a great time. Cruising with Oceania is a wonderful vacation.

It would be nice if the lack of tickets was explained by the cruise line. We just got our blue folder and read it very carefully. It clearly states that you show your tickets at embarkation. So we flipped through everything again, shook the blue folder, etc. No tickets. I sent Oceania two emails but have not heard back yet. I am happy to find the answer to my question here. Thanks! One less thing to stress about.

It would be nice if the lack of tickets was explained by the cruise line. We just got our blue folder and read it very carefully. It clearly states that you show your tickets at embarkation. So we flipped through everything again, shook the blue folder, etc. No tickets. I sent Oceania two emails but have not heard back yet. I am happy to find the answer to my question here. Thanks! One less thing to stress about.

Your Travel agent could have given you the answer immediately,

Oceania tries not to deal directly with passengers..

Jancruz1

Archived