Price drops

Just booked FOS August 2009 and was wondering are there certain times of the day to check the website for price drops. Last year we were on AOS, booked 8 months before and only saw the prices go up. Was hoping we may catch a price drop for FOS since we booked so far ahead. Thanks :)

I check everyday as well, still nothing. We're sailing Nov 22, 2008 Splendour out of Venice. They've raised the price of a D2 $350 since I booked, making the balconies very close to the JS price. I figure they are trying to make the JSs sell better because the price is so close. And I think it's working! There are different JS cabin numbers available today where they had been showing the same 5 cabins for months.

If there are only 3 D2s showing up, what's the chance of a price drop? If someone could check out my cruise and make an educated guess, that would be great.

I'm a price stalker :o

If you are really looking for a price drop check in the morning AND the afternoon. I've seen them change mid day a number of times. Not sure of the official timing, but hey you never know! I've saved almost $300 on my next cruise and even jumped up a category by watching prices.

If you find a cheaper deal than how do you get the cruise line to give it to you?

Just call and ask either your TA or RCI, whoever you booked with. If it was RCI it will not be a problem. Some TAs will not give the price reduction, most do.

I check multiple times each day. Last year I received 3 price drops; all after final payment was made. We booked our 6/08 cruise last August (an E2 on the hump), and the price has only gone up. As of this morning, there are only two E2's left, both on deck 6, but I've seen that number go up and down.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it goes down, but if it doesn't, at least I have the satisfaction of knowing that my rate was still $200pp lower.

Also - besides doing 'ghost bookings' to check prices on RCCL's website

Keep an eye on 'specials' in the C&A section for savings certificates

and keep an eye on these 2 links -

this is for new bookings only - but if you are pondering a cruise but not booked yet it might sway you http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/RCI_Sales_Event/rci_sales_event.pdf

and keep an eye on this - comes out every Tuesday - includes the resident discounts too

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

I check everyday as well, still nothing. We're sailing Nov 22, 2008 Splendour out of Venice. They've raised the price of a D2 $350 since I booked, making the balconies very close to the JS price. I figure they are trying to make the JSs sell better because the price is so close. And I think it's working! There are different JS cabin numbers available today where they had been showing the same 5 cabins for months.

If there are only 3 D2s showing up, what's the chance of a price drop? If someone could check out my cruise and make an educated guess, that would be great.

I'm a price stalker :o

I too am a price stalker.

I check everyday! More than once a day! Bad habit, but it feels so good when you get a price reduction.............

I just saved $680! :D

I know there are often different rules and regulations for UK and US sites. But does anyone know if the RCI in the UK will give reductions on cabins which go down in price the same as RCI in US.

I know there are often different rules and regulations for UK and US sites. But does anyone know if the RCI in the UK will give reductions on cabins which go down in price the same as RCI in US.

Yes they do!:D

Archived