rccl changed my room?

I have a suggestion of what might of happened. I have heard of this happening before. That room that you booked is a room that holds three people. If you are just 2 people without diamond or diamond plus ranking, they can take you out of the room if a diamond or diamond plus person wants that room for three people. RCI won't admit that they do it but they do. Call and ask them if a party of three is booked in it now..they probably won't tell you and it won't solve your problem but at least you would know what happened. I'm not saying that is what happened for sure but I know it is a good possibility.

I was wondering if anyone would mention this! :cool:

I would be willing to bet that this is the reason your assignment was changed. We booked this same type stateroom (1688) many years ago. It going to be for DH and myself, with our three children across the hall (one was over 21 and all old enough to be by themselves). My TA warned me that RCCL would take the stateroom away if a party of 3-4 wanted to book it, so she suggested that we book one of the children in with us to "protect" our stateroom. We took the suggestion. ;)

She also warned us that because we just had 2 children in the remaining stateroom, that that room might also be needed for a party of 3-4. However, there was a better chance that the "suite type" stateroom would be needed because there were fewer of them. There were many more Inside staterooms that accommodated 3-4. We didn't have any problems with the Inside stateroom.

I can't say how many times that I have read on this board about RCCL taking either 1388 or 1688 away from a party of two and claiming that they didn't know why the assignment had changed.

BTW - I never check pricing on the cruise line website. Takes too long. I use several TA sites and keep them on my Favorites. One click of the mouse brings me directly to the pricing of the day! :)

To the OP, I'd ask RCCL straight out if they took the stateroom away to accommodate more than two persons. Since you have a law background, maybe you can finagle an upgrade or OBC. :rolleyes: Either way, I hope you get your dilemma solved. Your TA should have told you this situation might occur.

BTW - I never check pricing on the cruise line website. Takes too long. I use several TA sites and keep them on my Favorites. One click of the mouse brings me directly to the pricing of the day! :)

That´s exactly what I do with the RCCL pricing site. I have bookmarked the site where cabin cat. and prices are listed and get it with one mouse click on my favourites.

madforcruising - Are you not logging on to check those prices? If so, when you clean your computer cookies, does the information come back up next time your go to favorites? I tried it for keeping track on HAL once, but after I cleaned my cookies I couldn't get the same information to come up. I clean my computer every few days.

we had three in our room and it was an adjoining room so I think they may have needed my room for a group that was way bigger! and needed two rooms together thats maybe how they changed me! but they did make up for it! I think there staff at rccl are trained to act as if "What did you do?" instead of saying hey we needed your room and thought you would'nt care. and sorry for the mix up but you get what you have now. oh and by the way do not attempt to look up future price drops because you may lose that room too!:D

madforcruising - Are you not logging on to check those prices? If so, when you clean your computer cookies, does the information come back up next time your go to favorites? I tried it for keeping track on HAL once, but after I cleaned my cookies I couldn't get the same information to come up. I clean my computer every few days.

No I don´t log in to check for prices. I can´t answer the part about the cookies as I don´t clear them that often. I just bookmarked the site and now click on the link in my favourites.

For all of you folks who think the OP must have done something to make this happen...

I am a programmer. Bugs get in software. If you have any doubts that Royal Caribbean's website is buggy, just look at any of the number of posts here where people are complaining that their cruise credits aren't right. Just because you couldn't reproduce the bug yourself doesn't mean that it can't happen. You may need to click on a certain combination of fields first, or have come from a bookmarked page instead of the Home page, or any other number of things that would make a computer program behave differently. Any good program would make you confirm any change like this prior to finalizing it, but Royal Caribbean's website is not a good program.

If anyone is out there from Royal Caribbean...I know a great group of Java, database and QA people who could fix your website for you. And they are all fed up with their current jobs. Make us an offer!

This is crazy. I had a dream about losing my room 1688 the other night.... LOL

Seriously I did. When I booked it the RCCL representative did say that I could book it for 2 but they usually like it to have 3 people occupying the room. I hope I'm in the clear, already received my luggage tags with the room # on them. I feel bad for the OP. I hope you can work something out with RCCL. Try not to stress until you find out what is going on Monday ( I know easier said...)

You know, this thread points out something I'm generally saying when I'm defending Customer Service people.

OP admits that he was on the phone for two hours, screaming at CS folks because they told him he had changed his own room....

...and it turns out he probably did.

So the next time a thread starts about how lousy RCI or Celebrity is or how their customer service is so bad...

...please remember this thread!

NOT the point... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OP does NOT KNOW what happened & I doubt he/she was literly screaming at the rep for hours... :rolleyes: :p

We booked w. a TA, we had confirmed rooms next to each other. ON our thread for the explorer, we were exchanging room info, and it was noticed that someone other than our friend also had the same room next to us.

I called the TA, apparently a " computer error" dropped our friend to a guarantee room, then placed her 1 deck below and down the hall... We booked 18 mo in advance, but my friend nor the TA were notified.

Multiple calls to RCCL , state, " we don;t know how it happened" My friend does not use a computer, she is a senior, so she did nothing to do this, It was RCCL's fault, and they won;t change it... Gee so sorry, nothing we can do...

the TA is moving folks around to try and get her closer to us....

She is Diamond + travelling alone in a balcony cabin... oh well too bad they said... nice huh...

Hiya Pearlie, that's horrible!!!

am a programmer. Bugs get in software. If you have any doubts that Royal Caribbean's website is buggy, just look at any of the number of posts here where people are complaining that their cruise credits aren't right. Just because you couldn't reproduce the bug yourself doesn't mean that it can't happen. You may need to click on a certain combination of fields first, or have come from a bookmarked page instead of the Home page, or any other number of things that would make a computer program behave differently. Any good program would make you confirm any change like this prior to finalizing it, but Royal Caribbean's website is not a good program.

To funny Chalupa Mama-i was a QA engineer for 11 years before i went to work for the army and i thought EXACTLY the same thing-too many companies think if they hire an experience web designer they dont need QA

For those of you who think you arent signed in-if you dont clear your cookies-yes you are-your computer will retain the cookies and when you hit the site it automatically sees you as signed in. Clear your cookies EVERYTIME you log out-or get security software that clears them for you.

i have been on the phone with rccl for 2 hours yelling at them and i think i did pretend book to see if it went down and im always signed in :((((( i am so depressed!

NOT the point... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OP does NOT KNOW what happened & I doubt he/she was literly screaming at the rep for hours... :rolleyes: :p

So you are calling the OP a liar?:eek:

To funny Chalupa Mama-i was a QA engineer for 11 years before i went to work for the army and i thought EXACTLY the same thing-too many companies think if they hire an experience web designer they dont need QA

For those of you who think you arent signed in-if you dont clear your cookies-yes you are-your computer will retain the cookies and when you hit the site it automatically sees you as signed in. Clear your cookies EVERYTIME you log out-or get security software that clears them for you.

While it´s correct that the website will recognize me, thus the Welcome XXXXX at the top of the site I´m not logged in.

If I want to go anywhere related to my account i.e. My cruises I have to log in with giving my sign in and password. If I would be logged in why would I have to log in again?:rolleyes:

BTW just as a side remark, the bookmarked site I click on to check the price does not even say Welcome XXXX at the top.

Well it is pretty weird but this just happened to me- I have been following this thread for a few days and I went to check on my reservation for luckily late 2009 and my cabin number had changed. I HAD been checking that same cruise pricing for a family member, I must have been logged in but am not sure. I know I did not pcik the reservation number and then change cabins option. Anyway, today my cabin number and category had changed, RCI said by myself. Luckily the cruise is way over a year away so I changed it back to my original cabin number, but I will DEFINATLEY have to figure a way to check pricing for the next year WITHOUT screwing anything up:eek: YIKES!!!

i have been on the phone with rccl for 2 hours yelling at them and i think i did pretend book to see if it went down and im always signed in :((((( i am so depressed!

:eek:

FTLOG!

I wasn't aware that could happen, and I'm sorry it did to you. Dang!!!

That truly sucks!

First i want to thank you all for being so supportive. Finally an executive from Rccl called me back today and i must say she was outstanding. She told me that all day she had the IT department pulling reports and they are still claiming I must of some how changed my room (which i still deny) and i told her that maybe there was a glitch or i priced checked and changed it, but this is exactly what she said "Well there still seems to be some sort of dispute but the point is that you are not happy and that is something we do not like." So they upgraded me and compensated me to my likeing . So i love Rccl again. They wound up exceeding my expectations and once again, they are my favorite. I am actually writing a letter to corporate to tell them 1)that this still bares a problem for other guests going forward and 2) to the supervisors who resolved this problem. Thanks again to you all.

I actually just spoke with a supervisor and she said that could not have happened if i pretend booked, i have no idea what is going on

I had a cabin changed by Celebrity; we were given a Handicap room when we booked and it was changed before the cruise ;because they needed it for a Handicapped person. We were given the same type of cabin on the same floor,but not the larger cabin.:( :(

Archived