thanks celebrity for coming to galveston

robbs

those of us in texas are thrilled the galaxy is coming and will be welcoming her into the harbor

on the 1st of november.we are so excited we can't stand it.will be going on one of her 11 night panama canal cruises in january.hopefully

all my friends i've met on celebrity n the past will come join me..yaehhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Yes, it is nice when (at last) we have several different cruiselines here. I think I booked on Galaxy the week I learned of it coming to the Port of Galveston (and we went on the same itinerary...RCI.. a year ago)! icon_cool.gif Can't recall now how I heard about this wonderful fact -- in the newspaper or on the CC board? From my TA? icon_confused.gif Naaah! Usually, I tell her! icon_biggrin.gif

Bookit

I am thrilled too. I just hope they don't only offer the usual Mexico trips. There are only so many times you can see the same places and so I never cruise out of Galveston. I am hoping for some more interesting destinations. I didn't know about the Panama Canal, that has possibilities! Hey bookit, what part of town do you live in? I am in the Myerland area. Maybe we will meet up on one of those Galveston cruises one day.

We live a bit further away than you icon_frown.gif, but we too can't wait until November icon_smile.gif, with a chance to see Texas too (albeit briefly). The itinerary looks really good as well.

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston November 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheryl & Dave:

I have a question, we are booked on the Galaxy and was wondering which airport to we fly into and how far of a drive is it to the port?

Dave & Cheryl<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That depends on whether your cruise is before or after the move. If before the move I suspect BWI would be the easiest airport, after the move you would do best by going into Houston. (Hobby or Intercontinental) then taking a limo or bus to Galveston. It is a distance of about 45 miles.

Hobby is the nearest airport. George Bush is on the other side of town and Houston traffic is dreadful.

We too are excited but wish there were 7 day itineraries. My 2005 reminder is to negotiate for more vacation time!

Century 99-00

Rhapsody 11/00

Rhapsody 10/01

Infinity 2/02

Millennium 11/02

Millennium 11/03

Rhapsody 11/04

Prettybeth,

We in west Houston. A frequent RCI poster (Woodywoman) did plan a CC dinner meeting for those (addicts) in the Houston/Galveston area last year, but we did not attend.

I definitely agree about the change of itineraries. These ships (and ports) will be losing a lot of repeat business ... the Royal Olmpia Voyager (Port of Houston) did cruise to some interesting (and exotic) ports -- Amazon, Honduras, Orinico River -- unfortunately, our two booked trips were cancelled, due to the mismanagement of the line. icon_frown.gif Sad to say, nonexistent line now. Would love to see Celebrity purchase the "Voyager" or "Explorer" (836 pax) and do some exotic cruises from our ports! (These two ships were sold last week to a company that then resells/leases).

Bookit

Do you have an idea of the approximate cost of a taxi or limosene from Galveston port to Hobby airport? Would this need to be booked ahead of time? It is my understanding that Celebrity only offers transfers to other Houston airport.

Thanks

Ya'll,please don't let flying into IAH intimidate you.Yes,it is furthur.But Southwest airlines rule at Hobby,so other lines tend to be more expensive there.All I am saying is if your flight needs to go to IAH.SImply take hwy 59S to loop 610E,around to I-45S.This puts you around all the nasty 45 traffic.You will still encounter slow moving from the Beltway to the Clear Lake area,but you will go through that leaving from Hobby,as well.

Cathy

NCL-Starward 1982

NCL-Seaward 1986

NCL-Norway 1992

Carnival-Celebration 1996

Carnival-Jubilee 2001

RCI-Rhapsody 1999

RCI-Rhapsody- 2003

Grand Princess or Rhapsody ?

netdiver.gif

We're thrilled too and are booking Galaxy for March 2005. Always have wanted to do the Panama Canal and love the 12 day itinerary. Relatively easy drive from San Antonio and saves a lot on airfare!

MS Oosterdam Departs

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;3;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hey Robbs,

We're about 1 1/2 hours west of FW - and love Celebrity too! We cruised the Millie last fall and will be on the Connie late August.

Hopefully we can get on one of those winter cruises out of Galveston.

We are so looking forward to being able to drive to the ports!

Carol

Costa Riviera 6/91

Regent Sun 8/92

Neui Amsterdam 10/95- NCL Seaward 8/96

Royal Odyssey 10/96 & 4/97

NCL Crown 4/98

Commodore 9/00

NCL Wind 11/00

HAL Statendam 1/02 Rhapsody of the Sea 5/02

Princess Golden 8/02 Millenium 10/14/03

Constellation 8/26/04 Constellation 9/7/04

I would agree with Blue Ribbon Cruiser about coming a day early and staying on the island. We always spend the night before a cruise...never had to worry about a flight delay or problems getting there on time....much more relaxed when I get on the ship. icon_wink.gif

Panama Canal on the Galaxy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;11;25;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

We are arriving on the Galaxy on Nov. 1st and need to get to Hobby to fly SW back to Nashville that afternoon. Staying overnight is not an option as my husband has to be home on Nov. 2nd. What is the best way for us to plan to get from the pier at Galveston to Hobby? It is my understanding that as of now Celebrity does not run a shuttle to Hobby. Will there be limos or taxis at the pier to go to Hobby? Would one need to be reserved in advance?

Thanks

Galveston is a great city to visit. We Texans are very excited about Celebrity coming into our waters. We will be very happy to help anyone we can. As far as transportation, try :

www.galvestonlimo.com

You can also rent a car and drop it off in Galveston. Many of the hotels will let you park all week free if you stay just one or two nights at their hotel. What other city has hotels that will do that?

If you get a chance to visit the Strand or the tour of Galveston Historical Mansions, you will love it.

The sea food and Mexican food, and some steak houses in the Houston/Galveston area is hard to top. If you have an extra day, visit the Kema area. The entertainment/restaurant area there will amaze you.

As you can see, I am very proud of our area, and we welcome folks to come have fun with a bunch of fun loving Texans. icon_biggrin.gif

Texed

You might want to try http://www.galveston.com/transportation/ for detailed services to the cruise ships from both airports. You might want to also try http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com/cruise.html for an example of what is available and the cost of the transportation.

As for us in Dallas, we will just take the drive down to the coast. It is only a six hour drive!

Texed...we are coming down on Thanksgiving Day to catch the Galaxy out of Galveston. I'm thinking it might be a neat idea to stop on the opposite side of Houston (from Galveston) for a Thanksgiving lunch. We are coming from the DFW area..could you recommend someplace maybe in the Woodlands area?? icon_smile.gif

Panama Canal on the Galaxy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;11;25;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

hey venive cruiser.we were going to go on that

repo cruise but as you pull in to galveston we will be pulling out on a charity cruise on carnival.but we are looking at the galaxy 11 night panama canal on feb3,05.would love to have you join us.hopefully we'll see you in galveston.what day do you arrive.

Issteele,

Are you planning a "picnic" type lunch, or would you like some restaurant reccomendations?

There is a nice State Park near Sam Houston's monument. There is a nice roadside park just north of Huntsville. In the Conroe area, there are several nice restaurants, and the Woodlands has some great restaurants near the Woodlands Mall. If this didn't help much, let me know. icon_smile.gif

Texed

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Texed:

There is a nice roadside park just north of Huntsville. In the Conroe area, there are several nice restaurants, and the Woodlands has some great restaurants near the Woodlands Mall. If this didn't help much, let me know. icon_smile.gif

Texed<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also in Conroe is one of the better outlet malls which coincidentally has a shop with Godiva chocolates at unhead of prices. Forget eating. Just go after the Godivas......

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheryl & Dave:

I have a question, we are booked on the Galaxy and was wondering which airport to we fly into and how far of a drive is it to the port?

Dave & Cheryl<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif Howdy from Houston, Texas!

You can fly into Houston Intercontinental (about a 70 mile drive) or Houston Hobby (about a 40 mile drive) to Galveston, Texas. However, if the cruise line books your air, it will include the transfer fees.

Or, there is the Galveston Limo service from either airport to the cruise terminal in Galveston.

Bon Voyage!

Archived