PLEASE HELP... ? about Seafood buffet on embarkation day on CB

LaceyLady

I have read that the is a seafood buffet on embarkation day, but what I don't understand is this. Does this seafood buffet take the place of your dinner in the main dining room that 1st night , or is it a separate time from dinner or is the seafood buffet with the lunch buffet when you first get on the ship? And is it in Caribe court or Horizon court? Thank you all for anyone that can help.

Lacey

Yes, it is dinner, if you want to eat it that way. I do know that some people get some seafood and then eat another dinner in another dining room. It is your choice. I didn't like the seafood buffet - so I got some pizza later and was happy.

What we did on the Emerald was to go to the Horizon Court and fill some plates with shrimp and crab legs and cheese. etc - take them back to our balcony and munch away with cocktails and friends. Then a little later we ate dinner in the dining room.

I have read that the is a seafood buffet on embarkation day, but what I don't understand is this. Does this seafood buffet take the place of your dinner in the main dining room that 1st night....

I usually don’t stop eating for the first two days of any given cruise.

Seriously, while it is unusual for lobster claws and crab legs to be up for grabs at the Horizon court, the quality isn’t that great.

I usually don’t stop eating for the first two days of any given cruise.

Seriously, while it is unusual for lobster claws and crab legs to be up for grabs at the Horizon court, the quality isn’t that great.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2181047640033837399rLZHeH

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2387436840033837399bYGcqF

The seafood buffet is in addition to the dining room. It's cold seafood (shrimp, crab legs, lobster claws, etc.), and, as jlp20 said, not of the best quality (the peel and eat shrimp were the best). They don't provide any kind of utensils to crack the "pre-cracked" lobster or crab legs. When I asked for a shellfish cracker they looked at me like I had three heads :eek: !

While I love all of these, I'd probably opt for the dining room next time.

For us it's an appetizer, it definitely doesn't take the place of dinner. They have a large table of cold shrimp, lobster and crab legs, so at 6:00 we get our shrimp cocktail and crab legs and take it to the room to have with wine then we shower and get dressed for dinner. At dinner we just skip an appetizer.

I hate buffets, I don't even eat lunch in the buffet. We always use the dining rooms if they're available. In fact, some of the best meals I had were the dining room lunches the fish and pasta at lunch is excellent.

Horizon Court at 5pm.:)

Last time we were on the CB (Dec 06) it was in Cafe Caribe starting at 4:30.

Being from Boston, I don't like the lobster that they serve on the ships. It is rubbery and has no flavor.

With that said, I LOVE the seafood buffet. The lobster claws are great and the crab legs are so tasty. Everyone's tastes are different.

So if they have all this great seafood at the buffet...what do they serve for dinner in the dining rooms?

Do they have any seafood that 1st night in the dining rooms?

There are various seafood/fish dishes on the menu each night in the dining room.

For an idea, check the menus for the CB on the website...

cruisingthecaribbeanprincess dot com

So if they have all this great seafood at the buffet...what do they serve for dinner in the dining rooms?

Do they have any seafood that 1st night in the dining rooms?

They have in the dining rooms the "Sail A Way" Menu, or Dinner. I, must admit, I have forgotten what some of the dinners are - I know that I have a slew of menus from previous cruises. I'll try to find some of them, unless, someone can beat me to the punch.

BTW - dinner that night only is casual dress, instead of smart casual. Mainly because many passengers are still waiting for their luggage to arrive at their stateroom.

They have in the dining rooms the "Sail A Way" Menu, or Dinner. I, must admit, I have forgotten what some of the dinners are - I know that I have a slew of menus from previous cruises. I'll try to find some of them, unless, someone can beat me to the punch.

BTW - dinner that night only is casual dress, instead of smart casual. Mainly because many passengers are still waiting for their luggage to arrive at their stateroom.

That would be great if you could share the menus with us! Thanks!

The cold seafood buffet is in either the Horizon or the Caribe. You won't need cracking utensils. Just squeeze the lobster claw and the meat will pop out. The crab legs are split; you can easily remove the meat with a fork. The crab legs were sweet. The lobster claws, imo, never taste as good as the tails. We treated the buffet as an apetizer and then went to the dining room.

Archived