Ever flown Delta airlines?

Guest Time2gocruzn

Guest Time2gocruzn

I finally booked a flight on Delta, but we have never flown w/ them b4. Have you ever flown with them? Did you like it? How were they compared to other airlines? Thanks!

I flew Delta recently for the first time and thought the service was really great. The stewardess we had was very amusing...when we landed in Florida she said

"Delta would like to welcome you to Hawaii.....but we can't"

She was humorous throughout the entire flight (she had a southern accent, which of course made her that much more adorable).

My DD has flown Delta several times and has never had a complaint.

Guest Time2gocruzn

Thanks for the quick replies! The only other airline I have flown is Southwest. Although their (SW) prices are pretty good, I felt like I got what I paid for. I felt like I was in a tin can, and felt like it was very definately a "budget airline". LOL!

I generally try to fly either Delta or American... flying Delta next week! Sometimes they are a little pricier, but excellent service and for the most part, ON TIME!!! I love Delta... just wish their hub was somewhere else :D I always end up flying through CVG, not my favorite airport... but it's all good, they get me to my destination!!!!

We flew Delta for our cruise in Dec '02 b/c we got a great price - but from an airport we'd never used before. Well, we got lost getting to the airport and arrived only 30 minutes before our flight. They wouldn't let us board b/c we had to check baggage, but they DID get us on another flight at no extra cost. I was impressed, especially since the mistake was ours! :o

The flight was one of the best I've ever taken. Great service and plenty of room. We're flying Delta again this Dec - from another new airport - BUT this time I'm taking turn-by-turn directions with me from MapQuest AND we're leaving extra early! :)

I've been flying Delta almost exclusively for over 40 years! The company originated in Monroe, LA, and I think they're the best. I've flown other lines off and on, but prefer Delta. I have a friend who's been a flight attendant with them for over 30 years.

Funny, many of my experiences on Delta have not been good at all, and I've been flying with them for 20 years (when I can't get United flights). Being in Atlanta, the choices on Delta are much greater than for almost any other airline. Overall, my experiences on Delta have not been good. The attendants have been surly (especially lately), flights I've been on have been late, and the planes themselves have been dirty.

That's not to say that all my Delta flights have been bad, some have been very good. But in comparison with other airlines I've experienced, Delta is not my first choice.

We've flown on Delta several times, and have had only one problem. They didnt get our luggage on our flight for a cruise in 2002, and we had to wait 3 hours for the next flight with our luggage to arrive. It was on Friday the 13th, and (thank goodness) we flew in a day early!! I prefer Delta or AA

My only problem with flying Delta is the connection hub of Atlanta, flying out of Jacksonville. I think that airport puts my connecting flight way over thereeeeeeeeee from my arrival spot. Seriously I did enjoy travelling Delta over the years, but I 'm not too fond of Atlanta.

Jima

We've only flown with them once, just last month, and even though both parts of our flights were changed at least once (some of them 3 times!) we never heard a grumble from any of their employees. Now that says something.

Funny Delta story: We were on the 9/18 sailing of the Triumph, one of the ones this season that had the 2 extra sea days. We had had FIL change our tickets to Tuesday, and he sent us the e-ticket via email. When we got to FLL, we tried to do the automatic check-in and DH couldn't get it to work. One of the Delta employees helped him out, and saw how much we had paid for our tickets ($99 r/t) and told DH, "No wonder we're going bankrupt!"

On my first cruise, I flew Delta from the DC area to Miami. The flight was great, and I had no complaints. Unfortunately, I agree with the connection issue in Atlanta. I was running from one plane to the next. This time I booked a direct on American. That was the only issue I had with Delta.. and most of it was timing on getting to connecting flights. You'll be great!

Karen

Hubby and I have flown Delta almost exclusively since we started cruising back in 1994, in fact we have a Delta American Express card to help accumulate miles. We have never had a problem with them in 10 years. Actually, now that they have instituted Delta Song, I like it better. We have flown from Boston to Orlando twice this summer on Delta Song and it is the best flying experience we have had to date. I'm told it's very similar to Jet Blue and Spirit Air, comfortable leather seats, personal T.V. screen on the back of the seat in front of you, etc. If you have a choice, I would go Delta Song over Delta, plus their pricing is very reasonable, we paid $130 r/t from Boston to Orlando in June and Sept.

Back in the day before NWA "took over" DTW, Delta was my airline of choice.

More often than not, when one purchased the "Fly Aweigh" packages, and there was no reason *not* to as it was included in the cruise price (if you declined the air, you only received a credit of $100 or so), Delta was the airline that the cruiselines used to fly passengers in and out of DTW.

I always had excellent flights on Delta, no complaints here.

for those frequent users of Delta skymiles i thought id throw in this info that might save ya some bucks.....Delta is partnered up with a few other well known companies giving consumers a chance to earn extra skymiles.....one of the offers being with american express......open a new credit card account with american express and earn 12500 points right off the bat.....sweet deal......one of the other offers that caught my eye was the deal with Etrade Financial.......open a new brokerage account with Etrade and earn up to 75,000 skymiles.....75000 miles being given to accounts of $150,000 and over and must remain with Etrade for a minimum of 6 months...lesser dollar amounts earn a scaled down number of skymile points:)...I for one plan on taking advantage of both of these offers and doin some free flying as a result:).....incentive programs ROCK

I have flown almost 1,000,000 miles on Delta. They have never let me down. I second bthorn1108's coments regarding Delta's new low cost airline, Song. It is fantastic. There is more leg room then a normal coach seat and each "leather" seat has 24 channels of Dish Network TV. Song was Delta's answer to Jet Blue here in the NY Area. I paid $155 R/T each for 9 seats from NYC (JFK) to Ft Lauderdale for our Cruise in January (High Season for Florida). If you have to make a connection try to use Cincinatti over Atlanta. It is a great airport. It is much easier to navigate than Atlanta.

Archived