Ever flown Delta airlines?

Guest Time2gocruzn

Boy, do I agree about Atlanta! That has to be the worst of the worst of all time bad airports!:rolleyes: I don't know what it'll take to get their act together, because I've had bad experiences there dating back to '82 during a layover on a flight to Bermuda.

I've had to change planes at many major airports - LAX, Chicago, San Francisco, NY, and London, and I've NEVER seen such confusion as at Atlanta.

Nowadays, I don't have the patience - so if I'm told there'll be a change in Atlanta, I change my flight.

Guest Time2gocruzn

EEEKKKK! You all are scaring me about Atlanta. We are changing planes there. Our ground time is about 1.5 hours. I guess we just assumed since both our flights were delta, we wouldn't have to travel that far (inside the airport) to get from one gate to another. Why is it so bad there, exactly? I am traveling with 2 small kids and was afraid of having to RUSH. I guess I thought 1.5 hrs of ground time would be plenty. AM I WRONG? :eek: Should I be worried? Just want to be prepared.

Thanks to all who responded. I am really glad we chose Delta.:)

An hour and a half is more than enough time,just take the tram and you will be fine..I have never had a problem catching any of my connections going through Atlanta even if I arrived at terminal T and my next flight was leaving at the other end in the International terminal......

Have flown with several airlines but always prefer Delta! Have never had any problem with them over the years. My luggage came home from Nassau on a separate flight because of a last minute change (not Delta's fault) but Delta delivered it to me the next morning by cab at no charge. Will be flying Delta to Orlando on the 16th for my upcoming trip aboard the Glory -- can hardly wait! You'll especially enjoy Delta after having flown only on Southwest (although I must say Southwest has always given great service, too) because it's a lot comfier.

EEEKKKK! You all are scaring me about Atlanta. We are changing planes there. Our ground time is about 1.5 hours. I guess we just assumed since both our flights were delta, we wouldn't have to travel that far (inside the airport) to get from one gate to another. Why is it so bad there, exactly? I am traveling with 2 small kids and was afraid of having to RUSH. I guess I thought 1.5 hrs of ground time would be plenty. AM I WRONG? :eek: Should I be worried? Just want to be prepared.

Thanks to all who responded. I am really glad we chose Delta.:)

We went through Atlanta, with Delta, for our cruise from Tampa. No problem finding the next gate; everything is well marked. We had to walk and take a tram. My parents, who are in their 80's, flew back on their own (we went to WDW after the cruise, they didn't). I was a little worried about them, but they didn't have a problem either. Just keep your carry-ons to a minimum and keep a hold of your kids. Have a great time!

The problem with Atlanta is the size of the airport. It is very spread out. It has an outdated design but it is not that bad if you have a little time in between flights. Most of Delta's flights are out of the A and B concourse. You can catch the tram or I like to walk it from one to the other.

Archived