Tell me about the Ryndam

oshawa

Could someone provide me with details regarding the Ryndam eg. age of ship, cabins, is a concierge lounge available as on the Westerdam, specialty dining, service, etc.etc.

We are planning a cruise in 2009 from San Diego round trip to the Mexican Riviera and just wondering how this ship compares to the Westerdam which we sailed in January 2008.

Thank you in advance for any and all responses.

Are you asking about the Ryndam or the Westerdam? The Ryndam is lovely, she is a smaller ship and the SOE made her even better IMHO. She does have her problems, and you can do a search on this board for those. Her crew is one of the best in the fleet and they do their best to make each passenger feel welcome. I would highly recommend the Ryndam and her crew.

We did the 10 day Sea of Cortez in November 2007 on Ryndam and it was pretty much a perfect cruise-nice ship, great staff, terrific food, etc.

But by your cruise all could change I guess.

Gary

Based solely on the size of the ships I would take an S-class (such as the Ryndam) over a Vista (such as the Westerdam) any day.

I haven't been on the Ryndam in a few years now, and have never been on the Westerdam, but had the best cruise of my life on the Ryndam.

Archived