Soap Cruise - January 2009

Cavatelli430

It appears this is only the 2nd year for the Soap Cruise. The 1st trip was on Carnival. I've only cruise with RCCL twice. Is it just me or does $899 per person (for double, triple or quad) for an inside room extremely high for a 4-day cruise? It's on Century Jan 22nd - Jan 26th. They seem to be charging 2x more just because their will be soap stars on the cruise. I was interested when I saw the ad, but now that I've seen the price, I'd rather book a 7-nighter instead! :) Anyone else been on a special event cruise like this before? Any thoughts?

Thank goodness we are on Solstice around this time--would have had to change our plans as we don't like specialty or group cruises... Thanks for posting this. Anyone else joining us on Solstice? --I think the date is 1/25/09--my birthday week!

I think if you love soap stars or are into whatever the group is about then it is good for you--esp if you book with that group & are included in the fun, but us loners--we are left out & possibly excluded when large groups reserve party rooms or public spaces...

It appears this is only the 2nd year for the Soap Cruise. The 1st trip was on Carnival. I've only cruise with RCCL twice. Is it just me or does $899 per person (for double, triple or quad) for an inside room extremely high for a 4-day cruise? It's on Century Jan 22nd - Jan 26th. They seem to be charging 2x more just because their will be soap stars on the cruise. I was interested when I saw the ad, but now that I've seen the price, I'd rather book a 7-nighter instead! :) Anyone else been on a special event cruise like this before? Any thoughts?

I just looked on the website and they are quoting $499 p/p. Where do you get the $899 from?

Archived