Attire for dining on board in Alaska

Books

My husband and I will be traveling to Alaska in early June on Sapphire Princess. Our other cruise was to the Caribbean. Will dining attire be similar? On non-formal nights, do people dress more casual in the dining rooms for alaska? For example turtlenecks or casual sweaters with casual pants. Or would long sleeve blouses or dressy sweaters/tops with dressy pants be more appropriate? Also are the rooms chilly or heated? Thanks in advance for all your help.

My husband and I will be traveling to Alaska in early June on Sapphire Princess. Our other cruise was to the Caribbean. Will dining attire be similar? On non-formal nights, do people dress more casual in the dining rooms for alaska? For example turtlenecks or casual sweaters with casual pants. Or would long sleeve blouses or dressy sweaters/tops with dressy pants be more appropriate? Also are the rooms chilly or heated? Thanks in advance for all your help.

There are several threads already on this topic here is one of them.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=761931

On our Alaska cruise last Aug I didn't think the attire in the dining room was any less than other cruises. On non-formal nights some people were more dressed up and others less. For Alaska I saw people in all the attire that you described on all non-formal nights. I think it is a general statement to say now that, no matter where one is cruising now a days that the attire for the dining room is tending to get less and less dressed up each year. I almost always find the dining rooms a bit cool along with the theater no matter where we are sailing. Enjoy Alaska, it is absolutely beautiful !!:)

On our 2 cruises on Princess to Alaska, dining attire was the same as always. We did not wear tees etc to the dining room and we also had 2 formal nights and we all dressed up ... ladies in formals, guys in tux. Had a great time.

LOL Cudder...I can probably convince him to wear the pants, socks and shoes however, I think I will lose the battle of the tie. I would love to experience the formal night but don't want to offend anyone if a tie is necessary.

LOL I know how he feels I have been thru the whole scene with the RentalTuxes I always found something didn't fit, and I have noticed recently on my last 2 cruises a lot of older cruisers like myself have just been wearing suits and ties, its still dressy and more comfortable, the easy part of it all is the tie.he could even buy a clip on and after dinner take it off ,but if he decides not to wear a tie its not the end of the world, I believe its the shorts issue and tee shirts that are being frowned upon.Dont worry about it just enjoy your cruise your a long time dead.

If hubby wears a shirt and jacket but no tie will he be alright in the dining room?

Neither tie nor jacket is needed on Smart Casual nights.

On formal nights, tie and jacket should be worn. He might be able to get away with no tie, but that is not in the spirit of formal night.

Archived