Balcony VS Prominade Room

My wife and I are considering taking Voyager of the Seas thru Europe next Summer. We have had balcony suites before but was wondering if anyone could give us pros or cons on getting a prominade room overlooking the prominade. We were curious if the change from balcony to prominade room was worth it. The prominade room would be on the 8th floor. Thanks.

I've had a promenade room before and have another booked. The difference for our cruise is $1000/ 2 people from a balcony to a promendae room. To me this amount it worth it to spend more on other stuff. The nice thing about the promenade is that you don't feel closed in because you do have a window. I also like to people watch and it's great for that. I'd say just weigh the cost difference to see if it's worth it.

We have done 3 PR cabins on deck 8 on three different Voyager class ships. We love them. We spend no time in the cabin except to sleep and change clothes. The only time a balcony interests us is if there is scenery other than water and islands to look at. To us a balcony is worth it for Alaskan, Mediterranean or Anartic type cruises.

Thank you for your responses. I appreciate your answers. I feel that the promenade room will add a new excitement, since we have had balconies before. Anyway I will look at booking one.

Earthgirl thank you for your answer. You are correct the cost is about $1000 difference between balcony and promenade room. I apppreciate your answers.

We had an aft balcony on Explorer on our 12night cruise from NJ to the southern caribbean in February. DH and I both agreed we would have preferred a midship cabin or a promenade on that cruise because we had a couple rough days at sea which would have been much better inside instead of on the back of the ship with all the metal railings making rattling noises while we rocked back and forth. I didn't mind the motion as much as the noise. We noticed there was very little movement or noise midship.

Timmy - we did the Voyager in Europe last November. We had 8291 PR. After previously having only balconies, we weren't sure we would like it.. but we loved it! The ports were so intensive, we wouldn't have used a balcony much. It was fun to relax and people watch from our room. I'd recommend booking a PR in a heartbeat, esp. for port intensive cruises! Hope you have a great time, Europe is incredible!

Timmy - we had 8291 on the Voyager, Western Med. last November. We loved it! We weren't sure we would like it as much, but it was perfect for such a port intensive cruise. We also had very rough seas (35+ ft.) that were hitting the windows in the Viking Crown, so midship was a good location!! Hope you have a fantastic time, we sure did!

To all of you who replied to this thread. My wife and I booked a promenade room on the 8th deck for the May 13th cruise. It's an eleven day cruise on Voyager of the Seas. Again, thanks for all the great feedback.

Cheers

Timmy

Archived