Trans Atlantic question

My friend was on the ill-fated NOS TA, and she said there was a great cut back in food quality. There was no lobster, they ran out of the garlic shrimp on Italian night, there was peel and eat shrimp only on the last night up in the WJ, there was no beef filet, the prime rib was not good, and the Promenade Cafe didn't ever serve the shrimp salad sandwiches. Did others on this and other TA cruises find this to be true?

My friend was on the ill-fated NOS TA, and she said there was a great cut back in food quality. There was no lobster, they ran out of the garlic shrimp on Italian night, there was peel and eat shrimp only on the last night up in the WJ, there was no beef filet, the prime rib was not good, and the Promenade Cafe didn't ever serve the shrimp salad sandwiches. Did others on this and other TA cruises find this to be true?

We were on the March JOS TA and also the BOS TA in December. While we did not care for the food quality itself, the only thing we noticed as far as shortages was a problem with milk close to it's expiration date until they switched to long shelf life milk and no grapefruit at breakfast toward the end in the WJ. Other than that, all was fine. I'd like to know how they keep the salad lettuce so green.

We've just returned from the BOS TA. We had lobster night - I had second one. There were shrimp cocktails on the menu 3 or 4 times. As for the rest of the food, in my opinion, well presented but cold and poor. The beef was good albeit not hot the first night and went steadily down hill after. The garlic shrimp on Italian night was so salty I couldn't eat it.

Chops was fantastic.

I'll be doing a complete review shortly.

I thought the food on the Transatlantic Navigator in the Windjammer was the best we have ever had on any RCL cruise and we are Diamond plus.

Did not care for the dining room at all.

We were a bit beefed out but what a great complaint.The minute steaks every night were better than those in th dining room.

Every night the selection was fantastic.

There is no lobster on any RCL ship anymore, got to go to Portonino for that.

I thought the food on the Transatlantic Navigator in the Windjammer was the best we have ever had on any RCL cruise and we are Diamond plus.

We were a bit beefed out but what a great complaint.The minute steaks every night were better than those in th dining room.

There is no lobster on any RCL ship anymore, got to go to Portonino for that.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is. We just had it on the BOS TA.

There is no lobster on any RCL ship anymore, got to go to Portonino for that.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is. We just had it on the BOS TA.

Ahhhh thats where it all went too!

In November on the NOS we had no lobster. They had the Norwegian langostinos or something. Kind of a cross between a large shrimp and a really tiny lobster. The guys at the table next to us were from Cape Cod and they complained (in good humor) so much that our joint waiter brought the table a huge bowl of them the next night. We all had them as an apetizer shared between our two tables. It was pretty funny. I would love to figure out why RCI is having them on some cruises and not others. O, well, lobster or the lack of it is not why I cruise, but still very strange.

jc

We just returned from a TA on Splendour from Santos to Lisbon. No lobster at all...........beef was good some nights and terrible other nights...........of course, menus on our TA were geared towards the 1500 Brazilians on board.........so black beans and rice was very popular in the WJ for lunch!

We were on the NOS and there was no lobster. We were told by our waiter that it had been eliminated from NOS totally.

The report that they give out at the end of the cruise did mention that we had consumed some huge amount of lobster. Clearly someone forgot to edit the form.

I hadn't been on a RCCL ship in a long time, but IMHO, the quality of the food was the poorest of any of the cruises we have been on. Good thing our good time was not reliant on the food.

We were on the TA on the NOS headed S then SW to reach shore and flew out of MIA for PHX.

Sorry if I don't remember all of the ships abbriaviations.........but it would be nice if all of you spelled out......at least the first name of the ship.......as in Whatever OTS. We are getting more than one ship per letter.......today.....and it would really be helpful to this old fart.....if you just spelled out the first name of the ship.

Rick

Archived