Sailed All 17 Princess Ships?

Momma Mojito

I've been on a total of 12 different Princess ships -- several which are no longer with the fleet: Fair Princess (she was NOT); Crown (old); Star (old); Grand; Regal; Sun; Star (new); Golden; Coral; Diamond; Carribean; and Crown (new). My current favorite is the new Crown although prior to that it was the Coral. We had a suite on the Crown and I loved the International Cafe and some of the new features they've added to the Crown.

We've sailed on a total of 6 Princess ships: Grand, Star, Caribbean, Sapphire, Diamond, and the Crown. The Crown is our favorite, but we're sailing on the Emerald next year, so that may be our new favorite!

Original Island

Original Pacific

Grand

Crown

Dawn

Favourite so far: the original Island. But loved them all, just loved the Island a little more... Well, maybe loved them all except the Grand-- just really really really liked that one...

I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who has cruised on all 17 Princess Ships. If you have, can you tell me your favorite and why?

My wife and I have been on (in order) the now-retired Royal, Regal, Crown, and Fair. In the current fleet, we've been on the Star, Diamond, Sun, Dawn, Sapphire, Island, Coral, Emerald, Royal, and Golden.

Our favorite is the Coral because it is, as in Goldilocks, "just the right size." Lots of facilities but not such huge crowds. (Of course, the Island is it's twin and we liked that, too.)

A close second place goes to the Royal, a really tiny vessel when compared with the Diamond or Emerald. It has "personality" and the small number of passengers (fewer than 700) supports familiarity (in a good sense) among fellow cruisers. Service and food are/were fabulous!

Least favorite is the new Emerald because it has too many people and seems like an up-scale WalMart to us since there is almost always something for sale whenever you turn. Even after 30 days or so aboard, we still felt a lack of "personal connection" with staff and passengers.

Cheers...

Ralph

I've been on quite a few Princess ships, from 750 passengers to 2970. I prefer the smaller ships because they can go to more interesting ports and itineraries. Least favorites for several reasons are the Grand and Golden. I'm not a big fan of being on a ship that when everyone disembarks, the local population doubles or triples. There are some ports that the Grand-class ships just shouldn't go to, IMHO. In talking to the staff on the Sapphire Princess this week, almost unanimously they said they prefer the smaller ships because they get to know the passengers better and just enjoy working on those ships.

Another question? Do you feel more movement in the smaller ships more than the larger ones? .I was always under the impression that on the larger ships you didn't feel the movement as much, so that's is why we have always sailed on ships over 90,000 ton. I am afraid of geting seasick, we have been on eight cruises and I haven't yet got sick!!!

Back this past Sunday from Princess cruise # 50 (and I'm not 50 yrs old yet) and leaving this Saturday for #51, the Caribbean Princess out of New York.

Technically, yes I've been on all 17 Princess ships, let me explain.

1) The Ruby is not out out, but am booked on it, so really can't conside it.

2) I sailed on the Regal Princess and the former Ocean Princess.

3) Those currently sailing, I've sailed on: Caribbean Princess, Coral Princess, Crown Princess (both the new and the old), Dawn Princess, Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess, Golden Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess, Sapphire Princess, Sea Princess, Star Princess, Sun Princess and the Tahitian Princess.

4) Now, I did not mention the Pacific Princess and the Royal Princess. I've not sailed on the 'new' ones, but sailed on the original Pacific Princess 2 times and the original Royal Princess 3 times, so 'technically' I've sailed on them all.

Trying to figure out a way to get on the new Pacific Princess and Royal Princess.

My favorite hands down would be the original Royal Princess, what a classy lady she was. My 2nd would be the Tahitian Princess, got to know many of the passengers, easy to get around, great staff.

Back this past Sunday from Princess cruise # 50 (and I'm not 50 yrs old yet) and leaving this Saturday for #51, the Caribbean Princess out of New York.

3) Those currently sailing, I've sailed on: Caribbean Princess, Coral Princess, Crown Princess (both the new and the old), Dawn Princess, Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess, Golden Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess, Sapphire Princess, Sea Princess, Star Princess, Sun Princess and the Tahitian Princess.

4) Now, I did not mention the Pacific Princess and the Royal Princess. I've not sailed on the 'new' ones, but sailed on the original Pacific Princess 2 times and the original Royal Princess 3 times, so 'technically' I've sailed on them all.

Trying to figure out a way to get on the new Pacific Princess and Royal Princess.

My favorite hands down would be the original Royal Princess, what a classy lady she was. My 2nd would be the Tahitian Princess, got to know many of the passengers, easy to get around, great staff.

Try the "new" Royal Prncess b2b from Ft. Lauderdale to Manaus on the Amazon River cruise. Terrific for both the venue and the vessel! (Or may the January 09 World Cruise.)

Ralph Nelsen

Your name fits you to a T!! Do you have a secret you could share with us on how you manage ,one take the time, and two be able to afford that many cruises. You are a very fortunate person and I'm sure you have many wonderful stories to tell from that many cruises.

Been on two Sitmar that became Princess ships (that was way back!), old Sun, Crown and Royal, plus Sea, Golden and Diamond. Probably my favorite is the old Royal. The Golden and Diamond were very nice, but so big. We'll be dealing with the same issue on our next two on the Sapphire.

Another question? Do you feel more movement in the smaller ships more than the larger ones? .I was always under the impression that on the larger ships you didn't feel the movement as much, so that's is why we have always sailed on ships over 90,000 ton. I am afraid of geting seasick, we have been on eight cruises and I haven't yet got sick!!!
The size of the ship is really not the determining factor, although if all things were equal, a larger sized ship would be a bit more stable. What really matters is the draft of the ship (the amount of ship under water) and ballast. Ships with deeper drafts handle rough seas better than those with shallow drafts.

Last week I sailed up the West Coast on Golden Princess - we had moderate seas and head winds and Golden was bouncing all over the place. Regal Princess, a much smaller ship with a much deeper draft, would have cut through that little bit of weather like a hot knife through butter.

Not fair John! I was going to suggest a new challenge for you but since you've already sailed on all the ships you ruined that :( What is your next goal, 500 days? ( or did you pass that already?)

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

Let's sea, Our first cruise 1991 the old Crown, loved it so much we sailed her 2 more times, the old Star, Regal a couple of times, Dawn when she was new, the Sea, Grand, Island and Coral the best ships, Golden, Diamond, might have missed a couple. The Caribbean when she was new TOO MANY PEOPLE so we don't do the extra deck ones.

Next is the Tahitian Vancouver to Hawaii, then the Coral again FLL to LA.

Forgot one the USS Valley Forge four years 1951 to 1955. This was the very best and the one I am most proud of.

GERTZ

Princess Elite

Archived