Charleston airport to port cost

lotro

Does anyone know how much it costs to get from the Charleston airport to the port in a taxi? Is there a flat-fee charge or is it metered? About how long is this trip?

Are there any alternatives--such as a shuttle service? We try to steer clear of the cruise ship's busses because they seem to take forever to fill up;)

Does anyone know how much it costs to get from the Charleston airport to the port in a taxi? Is there a flat-fee charge or is it metered? About how long is this trip?

Are there any alternatives--such as a shuttle service? We try to steer clear of the cruise ship's busses because they seem to take forever to fill up;)

Charleston is not your normal cruise port. Only one ship leaves regularly and I'm not sure they have a bus. A majority of people drive to this port. The above list is good.

Have a great trip... there is a thread "I live in Charleston" here that will answer many questions.

Thank you both for your replies. Yes, I've read the "I live in Charleston" thread from beginning to end, but didn't really find a direct answer to my question. I recognize your name...

I found out by calling the hotel (Hampton Inn Charleston Airport) they do have a shuttle from the airport that they didn't advertise on their website, so that will save us $9 p/p. Looks like the big cost will be going from the Hampton to the port. From the chart smeyer provided, it looks to be a minimum of a $29 trip. We've never sailed from Charleston before...always FL ports or San Juan and taxis aren't that much!

We're staying two days post-cruise and getting a car. We already have our hotel booked in Mt. Pleasant to save on the historical district rates, but still be close to attractions.

Since I'm wanting to visit a plantation on this trip, we're getting a car. Any recommendations on the best plantation to visit?

Trouble is, the only one that will pick us up from the port is Enterprise on Meeting St., but they aren't open on Monday when we fly out. So we have to pay an additional $25 drop fee to drop at the airport facility. However, the Meeting St. facility charges double of what the airport facility charges per day, so it will probably end up being cheaper to taxi out to the airport and pick up the rental there...

We're staying two days post-cruise and getting a car. We already have our hotel booked in Mt. Pleasant to save on the historical district rates, but still be close to attractions.

Since I'm wanting to visit a plantation on this trip, we're getting a car. Any recommendations on the best plantation to visit?

You are really doing yourself a disservice by not staying downtown at least one night if not both.

Staying outside Charleston is like going to NYC and staying in New Brunswick.

You are really doing yourself a disservice by not staying downtown at least one night if not both.

Staying outside Charleston is like going to NYC and staying in New Brunswick.

I would agree for one night at least... in fact you could most likely forgo a car and do a tour that goes to several plantations right from downtown. When are you going? From May 23rd til June 8th is Spoleto: http://www.spoletousa.org

and is something to see but might make it hard to get a hotel downtown.

I bid for weeks for a downtown hotel and kept getting turned down...then I heard about Spoleto and decided just to book a hotel across the bridge in Mt. Pleasant. We're there May 24 - 26. We need the car because we might go to Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach too.

I bid for weeks for a downtown hotel and kept getting turned down...then I heard about Spoleto and decided just to book a hotel across the bridge in Mt. Pleasant. We're there May 24 - 26. We need the car because we might go to Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach too.

What hotel did you book in Mt. Pleasant? Please don't say Red Roof Inn. Bad things happen there. You are here right at the beginning of Spoleto and it will be CRAZY downtown, but fun. When getting off the ship just realize that it may take longer than normal. Spoleto dumps huge crowds downtown but at the time you are getting off it should not be to bad as most sleep in. Do you live far from here? Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach are day long trips... why not just enjoy Charleston and come back another time to see those two... BTW you could not get more different.

If this is once in a lifetime spend the money and book a room downtown - heck go for the gusto and stay at Charleston Place, Vendue Inn, or one of the others that are right next to the market area. You could see things both days and still miss a lot. For the extra cost cut out the car and take a tour. Those two days there will be all kinds of street parties, tours, music. Some people (heck lots of people) do their vacation around Spoleto.

I just remembered that that weekend is also Black Biker week in Myrtle Beach. I'm not making it up - that's what the area calls it. The Harley bikers are the week before. It is jammed - we went one year on that weekend and what an experience! Don't take young ones as it can be vulgar both weeks. Myself being the age I am - it's funny but not for the young ones.

If this is once in a lifetime spend the money and book a room downtown - heck go for the gusto and stay at Charleston Place, Vendue Inn, or one of the others that are right next to the market area. You could see things both days and still miss a lot. For the extra cost cut out the car and take a tour. Those two days there will be all kinds of street parties, tours, music. Some people (heck lots of people) do their vacation around Spoleto.

I just remembered that that weekend is also Black Biker week in Myrtle Beach. I'm not making it up - that's what the area calls it. The Harley bikers are the week before. It is jammed - we went one year on that weekend and what an experience! Don't take young ones as it can be vulgar both weeks. Myself being the age I am - it's funny but not for the young ones.

Definitely please take the above advice. Also, forget Myrtle Beach that weekend. It is Black Bike Week. There is enough to see in Charleston. Hilton Head is kind of boring and you need a pass to get into anywhere.

Definitely please take the above advice. Also, forget Myrtle Beach that weekend. It is Black Bike Week. There is enough to see in Charleston. Hilton Head is kind of boring and you need a pass to get into anywhere.

AMEN!!!!! stay in charleston!

Archived