Best "unique" photo you've taken of a ship.

232323232%7Ffp43284%3Enu%3D3247%3E866%3E597%3EWSNRCG%3D3233348%3B33787nu0mrj

Not really amazing, but I thought it was cool that I found 2 of my suitcases when I looked down and saw all this! The one container sitting by itself at the top right has my brown flowered suitcase, and my red one is right next to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Just took a quick look at this thread, and there are so many awesome/creative photos here! I guess I will add mine, I have not really goten creative with pics of the cruise ship itself...

This one is a large photos...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v476/Hello3334/Puerto%20Rico%20Aug%2007/?action=view&current=DSCN1628.jpg

Will resize it in a few minutes.

I spend way too much time on here at 6 in the morning!! Here I am late for work....again....cuz I been looking at y'alls fantastic pictures!! Each seemed better than the last....can't pic a favorite. I love unusual views, different angles, and each of these were great. I hope I can get just a few along these lines, and not just do all the touristy stuff!!

232323232%7Ffp43284%3Enu%3D3247%3E866%3E597%3EWSNRCG%3D3233348%3B33787nu0mrj

Not really amazing, but I thought it was cool that I found 2 of my suitcases when I looked down and saw all this! The one container sitting by itself at the top right has my brown flowered suitcase, and my red one is right next to it!

Do you happen to know what the white tank is for? If I am not mistaken, it is emptying all the black water waste from the ship.

JWJs.....I looked at all of your pictures....all 268, which I have a feeling is only a portion of what you took, but certainly the best. Overall the best group of cruise pictures I have looked at in the last four months. You caught everything. A couple caught my eye, which would not be what you might think....the hole in the floor, had to look at that a couple times...neat.....the LOVE scuplture....yes, I would have taken several pictures too, but the best was one of you that someone else took while you were leaning toward a window!! Somehow it was everything...and I don't usually take a lot of pics with people in them, but this one truly grabbed my attention. Thanks for sharing.

Jayne

I have never seen a ship docked stern in at that dock in Skagway. I thought they always docked bow in. :confused:

Judynorth, had to comment on your photo albums that are posted on webshots. WOW!!! I viewed the Stanley park Album and you have taken amazing snapshots. Especially the flowers they are truly beautiful!! I'll have to check out your other albums also. Thanks for providing the link.:D Great work.

Judynorth, had to comment on your photo albums that are posted on webshots. WOW!!! I viewed the Stanley park Album and you have taken amazing snapshots. Especially the flowers they are truly beautiful!! I'll have to check out your other albums also. Thanks for providing the link.:D Great work.

Thanks for the kind words. One of the great things about crusing for me is taking lots of pictures so that I can relive my experiences when I get home. My DH and I took almost 5000 pictures on our 14-day AK cruise. We always print some for an album. This time we decided to print 400 :eek: . Getting down to 500 was't too hard but each one that we eliminated after that was like giving away a child.

We really enjoyed Stanley Park. I wish that we had more time to spend there. We hardly touched the surface.

That is a great shot!! I have the camera site that shows the ships in port but pretty much all you get is the front and the sidewalk between the port and the railtracks. YOu can see people walking, and check out what they are wearing, which confirms what everyone says, wear layers. I just haven't seen this view of the port and it is truly magnificent!! Only 306 days....soon will be less than 300!!

BTW, looks like Skagway is socked in this morning. Its either pouring rain, or the fog is heavier than I have ever seen, and I check the cams several times a week. It looks like December around here. Dark, wet, blustery, cold. But I have been reading that Alaska has been having some unusually cool and wet weather for summer.

That is a great shot!! I have the camera site that shows the ships in port but pretty much all you get is the front and the sidewalk between the port and the railtracks. YOu can see people walking, and check out what they are wearing, which confirms what everyone says, wear layers. I just haven't seen this view of the port and it is truly magnificent!! Only 306 days....soon will be less than 300!!

You can see the view for yourself from the overlook on the Dyea road.

Archived