The Wave Cabin....WHAT ARE THEY THINKING..

JLC@SD

in the center of the room. Now how a bathtub for mini will fit since it is not shown. No more oceanview cabins, correct Jamie?

I do like the wet bar from the bar set up with ice bucket there, so everything wet is there not on a desk or cabinet. As far as brushing teeth we do it in the shower with our Sonicares. Wrap in a robe & I am ready to relax then dress with the door locked.

So F3 I am ready, just too bad to discussion of itinerary the past week on Dawn since nothing is known so far.

I take it from the pics of the layout on the 1st page of the thread that these cabins can only accommodate 2 people? I cant see anywhere else a 3rd person would sleep - definatley not on that curved couch!

I would love to see some photos of the bigger rooms and suites. I really like the colour scheme and fresh modern young look. I cant work out from the floor plan, but is the toilet actually in its own room? not just an area blocked off by frosted glass? There is no way I could cruise in a cabin that didnt have a door that shut tight with the lavatory inside - I must be the only person who takes a can of odour neutraliser airfreshner on vacation with me, and you would too if you were married to my husband :eek: :o :D

I do love the new Oust which kills germs on devices, door handles, toilet seats, beds, etc as well as sanitzes the air. Something Lysol can't do. Then add 2 dryer sheets with my tiny bottle of Tide, which is Wisk now. Laundry done in an hour for FREE.

I take it from the pics of the layout on the 1st page of the thread that these cabins can only accommodate 2 people? I cant see anywhere else a 3rd person would sleep - definatley not on that curved couch!

I would love to see some photos of the bigger rooms and suites. I really like the colour scheme and fresh modern young look. I cant work out from the floor plan, but is the toilet actually in its own room? not just an area blocked off by frosted glass? There is no way I could cruise in a cabin that didnt have a door that shut tight with the lavatory inside - I must be the only person who takes a can of odour neutraliser airfreshner on vacation with me, and you would too if you were married to my husband :eek: :o :D

I think there might be a bit of a misinterpretation of the bathroom... from what I can see, you don't walk INTO the bathroom, you walk BETWEEN the toilet area and the shower area, which are both behind their own doors. One perk of that I see is that nobody will walk into the bathroom while you're having a shower and give you a breeze... or an odour! :eek:

Correct Macop no more oceanview cabins on the F3 (they will have balconies) and mini suites will be renamed deluxe balcony cabins.

Thanks, Jamie. It's great that you can provide us all with first hand information. Hope someday I'll be afford the price tag that will surely come with these innovations.

Thanks, Jamie. It's great that you can provide us all with first hand information. Hope someday I'll be afford the price tag that will surely come with these innovations.

Off topic but I finally replaced my croc shoes today!

I can see folks fighting for which layout they get.:rolleyes: Personally I like the lightblue (left) layout as the bed seems to face the balcony and I could look at the sea from the bed, but the one on the right seems to face away from the balcony so I'd be forced to look at a wall or TV...until I see the "real" rooms I could be wrong but that's the way it looks on the designs.

Many folks (including myself) prefer the sitting area near the window -or- balcony, rather than the bed. I do agree that there will be some that may be disappointed if they cannot get their prference of the two options if they in fact materialize as suggested in the pics.

When your wife gets out of the shower she can get tried in the shower room

Ok, I want to know what she's going to get tried for? :D

My question isn't what is she being tried for, but who's trying her, and why didn't they wait for me? :eek:

Now, the sink being in the living area, I think is probably going to be the biggest issue for people. Brushing teeth, washing hands, and other 'sink' activities are most commonly associated with the bathroom and people will have issues with it. On the other hand, it means being able to rinse glasses and mix drinks without having to leave 'the bar'... heh :p

I always felt a little queasy filling my water bottle, or rinsing my glass that I procured from the bar in a sink that is right next to a toilet. At least with the sink in the living area, I don't need to worry as much about a contaminated faucet (although the handles will still be germy...)

I do not like sinks in the bedroom area. Don't want to see/hear anyone (incl my DH) brushing teeth, washing up, etc. I like to go to bed late, sleep late. He is early to bed and early to rise.

I really don't like not having a sink in the area of the toilet. Just me a germ phobia, YUCK!!!

Consider the majority of bathroom are designed this way, I'm not sure why anyone would get the worried about it. I understand the concern abut someone dressing in front of the door but I on the last cruise my wife inadvertedly flashed the maintenance worker, it can happen regardless and not sure it's that frequent of a problem.

I'm withholding my 2 cents on the cabin until I see one in real life. My first impressions were positive but some of the above concerns do make sense though.......To NCL Cruiser: everything is contaminated if that's the way you want to look at it.......

Do we really think they will look like this? Seems like NCL is using the same designers as the new mega hotels in Vegas. Picture looks like the Red Rock. :)

I also don't like the sink in the room. The first cruise I was on with Carnival was that way. However, at least you won't have to stand on the toilet to take a shower! :eek:

Do we really think they will look like this? Seems like NCL is using the same designers as the new mega hotels in Vegas. Picture looks like the Red Rock. :)

I also don't like the sink in the room. The first cruise I was on with Carnival was that way. However, at least you won't have to stand on the toilet to take a shower! :eek:

The mock up I walked through was very similar to the rendering posted here.

PS NCL_Cruiser I just saw you emailed me about the blog..for some reason I didn't see it before. Sorry

I love the new cabin concept.. being as I haven't even cruised before I can't offer much to the comparison argument.

What I can say is "way to go" NCL for coming up with something new and different..

I will be booking my cabin on the new F3 thats for sure..

I assume that when they were brainstorming this design that they would have taken into consideration the comfort and privacy of their guests.

;)

They are a little to modern for me - I don't like the look - but I don't like to judge before I actually cruise and spend a week (or 2 :) ) on a cruise in one. I feel they look a little "space age" - but then I always liked the Jetsons!!

These cabins may be efficient spacewise...but I think they are downright ugly!

Not excited about such huge ships anyway...not looking forward to vacationing with 4,000+ of my closest friends. I guess when these debut, I'll be looking for the "old" ships such as the Dawn, Pearl, Gem, etc....! :D

I think the cabins are beautifull like staying in a high end hotel

I do not think there are any high end hotels where you open the entry door........and the shower is on the left.......the toilet is on the right........and the sink is straight ahead.......:rolleyes:

.......to me it feels more like a Motorhome layout.....;)

So you're saying you like it then.

I'm an RVer and gotta wonder how long it's been since you were in a Motorhome? Some of those things are SWEET (or is it suite?) ;)

When I first saw the rendering of the cabin I said wow and looking at it again I still feel the same way. I always felt standard cabins felt boxy the mock up looks great. As far as the layout of the bathroom, in our master bedroom we have the same as the mock up with the vanity being outside of the bathroom, I find it to be a efficient use of space and really like it, just think no more steamy mirrors, which is a big plus. Thumbs up to NCL for thinking outside the box. I am looking forward to what else the ship will have to offer.

They are more like a low end RV. ;) :rolleyes:

My Class B RV is a small (19'') van and it has an enclosed bathroom (except for the sink that is in the living area).

I think all NCL tried to do is to put more balconies (which seem smaller than today's balconys, don't you think?) than they could have with a regular shaped room. I think the room will be stylish and that I would like them (if I booked balconies) but I don't think it's the reason they did it, I'm pretty sure it's just to have more balconies to sell. Otherwise, they would have done the same thing with inside cabins.

Do you think you will pay 10% less since the rooms are 10% smaller (not real numbers), I don't think so. Also, with the ''no dining rooms'' concept, I wonder how many included venues (not free, remember) there will be. While I love the fact to have options for a fee, I think Freestyle cruising should leave most options included in the fare.

It's normal for a company to want to increase revenues but if they go too far, I'll definitely go elsewhere and I hope I won't be the only one.

Archived