The Wave Cabin....WHAT ARE THEY THINKING..

JLC@SD

My Class B RV is a small (19'') van and it has an enclosed bathroom (except for the sink that is in the living area)..

So does my 32' 5th Wheel. This new room layout has the look and feel of an RV rather than a Hotel room. When I am on a cruise paying hotel prices I want to feel I'm in a hotel. When I want my bathroom and sink in my bedroom then I'll go camping in my 5th Wheel. ;)

I think all NCL tried to do is to put more balconies (which seem smaller than today's balconys, don't you think?) than they could have with a regular shaped room. I think the room will be stylish and that I would like them (if I booked balconies) but I don't think it's the reason they did it, I'm pretty sure it's just to have more balconies to sell. Otherwise, they would have done the same thing with inside cabins..

They are doing the same thing with inside and oceanview cabins.

Do you think you will pay 10% less since the rooms are 10% smaller (not real numbers), I don't think so. Also, with the ''no dining rooms'' concept, I wonder how many included venues (not free, remember) there will be. While I love the fact to have options for a fee, I think Freestyle cruising should leave most options included in the fare..

Guess we will have to wait for Chapters 2-4 of the F3 announcements to be made. Then we will have the big picture and see how revolutionary this F3 concept is. So far the cabins look like they are going the wrong way to me.

It's normal for a company to want to increase revenues but if they go too far, I'll definitely go elsewhere and I hope I won't be the only one.

There in is there real gamble. Building ships with these different concept cabins could be a disaster if the public gets turned off with them. And.... if that happens it is not a easy fix to undo. :eek:

They are doing the same thing with inside and oceanview cabins.

Are you sure? The floor plan I saw for inside cabins was rectangular, maybe there is another one I haven't seen yet.

So we dump a glass or cup of water on faucet handles to clean & disifect them. I can brew tea in a cup with the hot water running for a bit.

I always felt a little queasy filling my water bottle, or rinsing my glass that I procured from the bar in a sink that is right next to a toilet. At least with the sink in the living area, I don't need to worry as much about a contaminated faucet (although the handles will still be germy...)

that we love the idea of a wet bar next to the toilet room. All bottles, ice, everyting wet including glasses will be there. Easy to serve, wash glasses, and everything wet is easy into the sink & down the drain. Very clean.

After a shower you have cooled off & now brushing teeth while husband is in the shower, drying hair on those days as I see the dryer in a holder on the wall as Dawn had. Then dressing & ready for breakfast. Then he has it all to himself to do it all too.

The color scheme is relaxing, the wave makes the bed jet into the next room's space giving us more room to walk around. The sofa is full size in a deluxe balcony, which I hope they call minis but I am still trying to fit a tub into a shower space. Showers are not normally 5-6' long, more like 4 & a tub that size will be nuts. So I want that photo.

When I first saw the rendering of the cabin I said wow and looking at it again I still feel the same way. I always felt standard cabins felt boxy the mock up looks great. As far as the layout of the bathroom, in our master bedroom we have the same as the mock up with the vanity being outside of the bathroom, I find it to be a efficient use of space and really like it, just think no more steamy mirrors, which is a big plus. Thumbs up to NCL for thinking outside the box. I am looking forward to what else the ship will have to offer.

As a nurse, the new "Wave" cabin design reminds me of hospital rooms. Bed in front of TV and closet...toilet in enclosed area....sink not near toilet AND next to bed....

Honestly, not a cabin design that appeals to me...as a nurse and someone raised to wash my hands immediately after using the toilet, this is not a very good idea....

It looks like anyone traveling in the new ship will have to carry hand sanitizer or antibacterial wipes to the toilet area....

Has anyone seen the design for the suites? I bet you the more expensive cabins have a more appealing and more private design....In other words, if you like privacy it will cost you more money!

Ironically, I think we'll find that for every person that does not want to cruise with the new ship design, there will be more that DO! :D

For us, the new design would be a MAJOR reason to decide to sail this ship! We like to try different and unique things, and the new design would be a great part of the overall "new" experience!

My guess is that word of mouth for this will be very positive among new cruisers (and the low maintenance crowd - like me!) and the ship will be very much in demand...no matter where the toilets are!

I LIKE IT!

:)

........My guess is that word of mouth for this will be very positive among new cruisers (and the low maintenance crowd - like me!) and the ship will be very much in demand...no matter where the toilets are! I LIKE IT! :)

And there are folks that like Easy Cruise...... that has dormitory / barracks style shared bathrooms / showers. :D

And there are folks that like Easy Cruise...... that has dormitory / barracks style shared bathrooms / showers. :D

...and isn't that really a part of what makes this such a beautiful world???

A cabin for everyone...and for everyone, a cabin!

:)

........my point was when someone walks in the door..........I don't think she will appreciate becoming part of the corridor.....:D

I thought your point was a no brainer but, from the replys I was wrong. No, I do not care to have the "bathroom" part of the room and open to the corridor.

If you look at the view from the door you see the towles. I sure hope the rethink these rooms They would be a major reason for me NOT to book these ships.

Actually, the new wave cabins are very efficient using space.

Being more efficient with space means the cabin seems larger.

Yes - it is a common theme - give less but make it appear to be more. Just put a few mirrors in strategically placed locations and you really make the cabin "seem" larger.

It just means you are getting less than what you currently pay for. "Being efficient" means the company makes more off of you while providing less.

Less space, less cabin, less.

You will still be paying the same price or more for getting less.

Howard

Archived