On board library - how does it work

SKIHoliday

Can anybody tell us how the library works on board Nautica. Is it purely books for loan and return or do you swap a book that you bring on board with one that is in the library. Is there a good selection of good/latest books on board.

It is a loan and return library. Of course if you want to add a book (without keeping one for yourself) that is fine.

I think the selection for a ship library is pretty good, thouhg not necessarily the latest.

The library has many good books for loan on an honesty system. You take out what ever book you wish and return when you have read it. You can also swap paperbacks/books that have been left by other passengers

You have to return any Oceania books (they are stamped) on the last day but there is a section of books for exchange left by other passengers that are free to take.

We always take a book & when done leave it for others to enjoy.

I'll soon find out about the Nautica, but I thought the library on the Regatta was the finest, most beautiful library I have ever seen on any ship. I don't remember seeing any of the latest NY Times Bestsellers, or if they had them they were borrowed before I got there. But the choice of books, I thought, was excellent and covered a wide range of interests.

I've read that the library on the QM2 is a sight to behold.

It's a mature honor system. Take what you want and bring it back when you're finished. They do have a paperback exchange, so at the end of the trip I leave all the paperbacks we've finished and sometimes pick up one or two we haven't read.

Archived