1 Upper vs. 2 Uppers

michiganian

I'm looking at Carnival's staterooms and deck plans. We're looking at booking an interior staterooms but I see there's a 2 Uppers or 1 Uppers symbol. What do those mean? :confused:

I also got a quote that states it's for "4 CAT-4A Inside Doubles". I know I asked for 4 cabins so that's the 4 reference and I know 4A is an inside cabin designation but what does CAT stand for and does doubles just mean double occupancy per cabin?

if you need a cabin for more then 2 people-- you will look and see how many beds the cabin has. a cabin with one upper bed will hold 3 people

a cabin with 2 upper beds will hold 4 people.

ALL cabins have 2 beds on the floor ( except 1A cabins which are the cheapest cat and features 1 bed and an upper bed

On Carnival all 4's are inside cabins

all 6's are oceanviews

8's are balcony

11/12 are suites.

the letter denots the deck with A starting at the bottom== riviera deck features 4As and 6As--- inside and oceanview cabins

the next deck is B= main deck.

Balcony cabins start on Upper deck and will be 8A as this is the lowest deck that the balcony start on.

Thank you! I'm no longer confused. :p

give it time == you will be confused again. I have come a long way since my first cruise planning.. and took almost 4 months learning all over when I changed cruiselines.

I did a cruise with 3 of us in the stateroom, it had 2 lowers and 2 uppers - we only needed one upper. We put all our suitcases up there laid out flat - so we could just climb up and flip back the lids and get what we needed.

Thank you! I'm no longer confused. :p

I just got this picture in my head after I saw the picture with the loft over the heads of the people that were below them. Hope that they do not fall out of bed easily, or otherwise the people below them are going to be awakened very quickly. I know that they have bars, but those never held my brother from falling out of bed.

Archived