Decisions - Trip Insurance

LakerMom

I am driving to port so the most important thing in my mind is to make sure I get coverage for Medical since it is out of the country and Emergency Medical Evacuation.

I see there is a wide range of coverage for all dollar amounts. What is the most important thing for you to insure? Do you go with a lower cost and take lower medical/evacuation or do you spend the higher dollars for the higher coverage for the medical/evacuation?

Can't decide so I thought maybe all you seasoned cruisers could give me some good advice.

I am driving to port so the most important thing in my mind is to make sure I get coverage for Medical since it is out of the country and Emergency Medical Evacuation.

I see there is a wide range of coverage for all dollar amounts. What is the most important thing for you to insure? Do you go with a lower cost and take lower medical/evacuation or do you spend the higher dollars for the higher coverage for the medical/evacuation?

Can't decide so I thought maybe all you seasoned cruisers could give me some good advice.

I look at a combination of things. Price is important as we are seniors, but we also are concerned about medical evacuation. I think if you look at STA travel.com, you will find the prices are reasonable and include a lot. They are basically a Travel Agency for students, but their insurance is for everyone. Another place to look is insuremytrip.com. They have lots of things to offer.

When we travel we need insurance that will protect us if something either happens to someone traveling with us, or if something should happen to my dad if he is not traveling with us. That part of the cancellation is important but the medical evacuation can be important too. I'm sure others will give you good info, but please check out the two places I mentioned.

Enjoy.

As seniors, if you are on Medicare or anyone who is on medicaid, remember to select an insurer who is primary for medical coverage as the government medical plans do not pay for services rendered out of the U.S. This does not include it's territories.

90% of the reason I purchase Travel Insurance is for the medical/evacuation coverage.

I like Travelex as their policy is Primary... this means they pay the bills first before any other insurance you might have kicks in.

The last thing I want is for two Insurance companies saying to each other, "You pay first... No, You pay first... I'm not going to pay first if your are going to pay first"... especially in my time of need. And I certainly don't want to get stuck with the bill.

Hi Lakermom,

My wife & I are seniors. We have used tripinsurancestore.com for our past 3 cruises and for our future cruises. They sell policies from various companies. You can compare the plans side by side. The best part is that you can call them and talk to Becky, Tara or Steve if you have any concerns/questions. They are so helpful that it really takes the stress out from deciding which plan to choose. They will make sure you select the right plan for your needs.

Good Luck,

Lee

Quality is the key word.

Make sure every thing you want is on the policy you buy.

Make sure it is Primary Carrier and Policy not Secondary.As you have to wait to collect on a Secondary ( most are that).

If your out of the USA most Insurance does not cover youall!

AAA is not an insurance company!

Is the carrier financially stable and as well rated well in your State and/or Country?

We use and have used an online agency we found and they give you FREE Quotes and Comparisons:

Always do your homework and Read everything on any Insurance !

Hope this helps ya more now.

I always buy travel insurance.....and never had to use it (thankfully).

I want to be insured against those unexpected things that can happen. You or your companion becoming ill and not able to go - or - coming down with something awful on the ship and having to be hospitalized in port or evacuated.....

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.......that's why I spend the bucks for the insurance.

Archived