Pier at St. Thomas

flamingo33417

When we were last on Constellation in the Caribbean when St Thomas was on the itinerary, we docked at Havensight but there's no way of telling because if the docks are crowded, which they usually are, they can put any ship wherever they want.

When we were last on Constellation in the Caribbean when St Thomas was on the itinerary, we docked at Havensight but there's no way of telling because if the docks are crowded, which they usually are, they can put any ship wherever they want.

We have been to St.Thomas like maybe 6-7 times on both Celebrity and RCCL - never been anywhere but Havensite

We have been to St.Thomas like maybe 6-7 times on both Celebrity and RCCL - never been anywhere but Havensite

We were at St. Thomas only once, and are going again. Had no idea where the ship docked. I cannot recall either: Is this (Havensite) close to the main thoroughfare to walk from the ship easily? :confused:

On our recent Jewel of Seas cruise (Royal Carib) we were scheduled for Havensight but got bumped by a larger ship & had to use Crown Bay--it really can't compare in location or shopping & probabaly never will. but I think you can't really know for sure until you get there!

not at all sure how they make the decision--but the last few times we got the further pier or had to tender it was because a larger ship got the better berth or maybe they just arrived first...

Doesn't this have to do with the size of ships in port that day? Havensight can handle the mega ships so they dock there and the smaller ships go to Crown Bay.

If you really have a problem with Crown Bay just check the port schedules before you book your cruise. If there are a couple of mega ships on the schedule you most likely will get bumped.

We docked at Crown Bay and I liked the view from the ship much better than the one in Havensight.

We docked at Crown Bay on the Crown Princess (a mega ship) so obviously Crown Bay can handle the mega ships.

We also docked at Crown Bay on the HAL Noordam this past January. I think the ship lines owned by Carnival Corp will dock at Crown Bay if there is room.

There's a very good chance that that X ships will dock at Havensight.

Will the Constellation on 12/15/08 use pier at Havensight ??? I am tired of the Crown Bay area.:mad:

It’s too soon to say as the dock schedule is final only a few months in advance. You can use the link below to access the dock schedule for St. Thomas:

http://www.**********/general_usvi/cruiseship/ship_schedule.php

Hope that helps.

We docked at Crown Bay on the Crown Princess (a mega ship) so obviously Crown Bay can handle the mega ships.

We also docked at Crown Bay on the HAL Noordam this past January. I think the ship lines owned by Carnival Corp will dock at Crown Bay if there is room.

There's a very good chance that that X ships will dock at Havensight.

Which ships? That is a pretty small docking area with no shopping near it. I can't imagine a Freedom Class ship docked there.:eek:

I would think that St. Thomas would put the mega ships near the shopping for economic reasons.

Our ship was scheduled to dock at Havensight but was moved to Crown Bay just before we sailed. I think the surest way to be sure you'll be at Heavensight is to sail when only one or two ships are in port with you that day.

Crown Bay has been dregged so can now handle 2 mega ships at the same time including the Princess Grand class AND the Queen Mary 2.

Crown Bay has 2 berths. If there are 2 Princess and/or HAL ships in port with you, then those ships will be at Crown Bay. If there is only one Princess or HAL ship in port then a ship from another line may take the 2nd berth at Crown Bay (if Havensight is full).

Havensight has 3 berths. Which ships get the berths here is based on a combination of things like passenger count and how frequently the ship visits St. Thomas.

If there are more than 5 ships in port, then some ships will tender into downtown Charlotte Amalie.

I have seen Celebrity ships at Havensight, at Crown Bay, and at anchorage all depending on what other ships were in port with them.

And just because a ship is at Havensight one week does not mean it will be at Havensight the next week.

You can find out the docking schedule for the current month by going to www dot vinow dot com and clicking the link for Cruise Ship Visitors. CB is Crown Bay, WICO is Havensight, Anchorage means tendering into downtown Charlotte Amalie. They only show the current month's docking schedule at a time so if you aren't sailing until November you'll have to wait until then to check the schedule.

Archived