Thoughts on recent cruise from Venice

My wife and I just got back from a trip to Venice and a RT cruise on the Splendour. (To handicap my remarks, my wife and I are in our 70's and have done 34 (approx. cruises).

First to the cruise. This is the first time I found RCI lacking. The service

was uneven; The dinner staff on the late dining was terrible. The first two nights we didin't get served until 11:00. We finally changed to the early setting and it was much better. The food was good but not excellant.

Room service was 20 to 40 minutes, and it was like pulling a tooth to get ice

in your cabin.

The ports of call were great, but the confusion to get the passengers off the ship was unreal. At Kusadasi, it took us two hours to get off the ship to catch a tour. Several tours had to be cut short. In Santorini (we didn't have a tour), it took us three hours to get to the town, leaving us with little

time to wander because to took us 1 1/2 hours to get back to the ship.

I spoke to one of the ship's officiers and he said the delay was because we had to use Greek tenders.

All in all, I enjoyed the cruise and will continue to use RCI and Celebrity, but I hope that someone from management will take note.

We stayed 4 days in Venice; my wife loved it, but I thought it was interesting

but expensive and very crowded.

Last; flying to Europe is no fun! It will keep us from cruising in that part of the world again. Don't use Denver as a returning point. They make you walk

a mile to check in a customs, etc. A huge line there and after you clear customs you have to go back through security to catch your connecting flight. At that point you can catch a train back to your gate. It took us an 1 1/2 hours to make that connection. I quess the good out weighed the bad.

Sorry to hear about your recent experience on Splendour. I guess things have not changed since our b2b which began on March 22 and ended on April 20.

I would suggest that you email agoldstein@rccl.com and describe your experiences in detail. They are very interested in hearing about situations as you and your wife encountered.

We had similar issues on the second part of our b2b and many of us sent an email and received a phone call with days.

The only way to correct and improve a problem is to make someone aware of it.

We did the same cruise last may and we hadn none of the problems you mentioned.

The Dinning room staff was great (late setting)

and everything was on time during Dinner and the food was very good.

it was alittle slow in Greece some long lines etc.

But over all a great time on RCCl as usual.

Sorry to hear you had all these problems, You do need to contact RCC so they can fix it.

Hope your next Crusie is smooth sailing

Sorry about your bad experience. I ditto the thread above mine. My wife and I took the same cruise last May and service, shows, food, were great. The only problem we ran into was in Santorini where we had five cruise ships in port and we all shared tenders. The captain told me, normally they have two ships in port; but because of weather the other three ships could not get into Mykonos so they came to Santorini. The crew went out of their way to ensure our happiness. Sorry your trip didn't go as planned.

Cheers,

Archived