Favorite on Royal Caribbean?

clcurry

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soup: anything with a light broth

Dinner: LOBSTER DINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I usually get the same thing for dinner every night (chicken or fish), except on LOBSTER NIGHT!

Appetizer: not sure

Salad: I love ANY SALAD

Dessert: key lime pie

FooFoo: I guess pina colada?

I think I tried nearly all the chilled fruit soups, and all of them were delicious. If you're a choco-holic, then the chocolate tart from Portofino's is to die for! I don't know if it's the same one as on the room service menu...never tried that one :(

• 4 weeks later...
What is your favorite appetizer, salad, soup, entree, and dessert on Royal Carribean ships? Also, what's your favorite foo-foo onboard? :o

Appetizer: shrimp cocktail

Salad: Caesar

Soup: Lobster Bisque

Entree: Lobster Tails, Salmon, Tiger Shrimp

Dessert: Warm Chocolate Cake (you know, that flourless stuff:D)

I have to eat a low carb diet for my sugar problem, so, these are the things I always get. I allow myself the warm chocolate cake on the night they have it.

What is your favorite appetizer, salad, soup, entree, and dessert on Royal Carribean ships? Also, what's your favorite foo-foo onboard? :o

Appetizer: Crab Cake or Escargot

Salda: Caesar Salad

Soup: Chilled Peach

Entree: Fillet in Portofino or the Blue Cheese Pasta in the MDR

Dessert: Ice Cream in the WJ (Don't like desserts in the MDR, they have gotten worse and worse over the years).

Favorite Foo-Foo???? Rum Runner, but my favorite drink is a Long Island Iced Tea.

• 1 year later...

appetizer, salad, soup, entree, and dessert on Royal Carribean ships? Also, what's your favorite foo-foo onboard?

Shrimp Cocktail

Caesar Salad

Corn Chowder

Portobella linguine

Grand Marnier Souffle

Mango Lava Flow...so good by the pool!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we are going on the Oasis this February and are booking some dinner reservations. If anyone has feedback about 150 Central Park and Chops, I would greatly appreciate it. Those are the restaurants we are thinking about going to. Thanks.

Another vote for the ceasar salad. RCCL beats everybody out on this one. There's is pretty near perfect. The regular ceasar is terrific, and the one served at lunch with the shrimp and bacon sends me into ceasar-lover heaven!!! :D

Can anyone tell me if the ceasar dressing is really "fishy" tasting??? My DH LOVES ceasar salad, but not if it is very fishy. Thankfully on our last Carnival cruise we were warned ahead that the dressing had a very fishy taste and DH steered away from it. I'm curious about how it is with RCCL since it does seem to be a favorite.

• 1 year later...
I made the Vidalia onion tart on Christmas. It was great. It's that one food item we look forward to every cruise!

if u made it then u have the recipe. if u have the recipe then u r holding out, lol. can u share it? i love that and it makes me excited for the first night.

i also loce the shrimp and risotto, ceasar salad. i alway get the risotto as a meal i love it that much. oh, it is scallops. whatever, it is is from the sea, its for me.

Vidalia Onion Tart

PIE

1 pie crust purchased

...OR...

1 cup all purpose flour

½ tsp. salt

¼ cup shortening at room temperature

3 Tablespoons water

3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 cup julienned Vidalia onions (2-3 onions)

1 Tablespoon chopped thyme

Salt and freshly ground pepper

FILING

½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese

3 eggs

1/3 cup heavy cream

1 Tablespoon chopped parsley

1 Tablespoon chopped chives

½ tsp. ground nutmeg

RED PEPPER COULIS

4 red bell peppers

1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

GARNISH

1 medium Vidalia onion

1/3 cup vegetable oil

Fresh chervil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a medium bowl, with a fork, lightly stir together flour and salt. With fork, cut shortening into flour until the mixture resembles crumbs. Sprinkle cold water one teaspoon at a time, mixing lightly with a fork after each addition, until pastry begins to hold together. With your hands, shape into a ball. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry in 1/8 inch thick circle about 2 inches larger than pie mold.

Roll pastry circle gently onto rolling pin. Transfer to pie mold and unroll. With a sharp knife, trim edges, pinch to form a high ridge and make a decorative edge by pressing with a fork. Prick pie crust with a fork to prevent puffing during baking. Refrigerate for ½ hour.

Blind bake pie crust for 7 minutes, remove from oven and let cool.

While pie crust is baking, warm olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat, and sauté onions until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.

Spread onions evenly in pie crust. Sprinkle with cheese.

In a medium bowl, beat eggs lightly; add cream, fresh herbs and seasonings. Beat until well mixed.

Pour mixture over cheese and onions. Bake for approximately 40 minutes.

For coulis, blanch peppers in boiling water. Cool in ice water, and remove skins.

In a blender, puree the peppers and olive oil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

For garnish, in a small skillet over high heat, warm oil and deep fry onion until golden brown (about 2 minutes).

Serve slices of tart on warmed plates, top with fried onions and garnish with spoons of pepper coulis.

I didn't use the nutmeg and used margarine instead of shortening.

scallop risotto?? I have always cruised with RCI and don't remember this....

Is it served in the main dining room? I know they serve shrimp risotto in Portofinos but I don't remember scallop rissoto on the menus... darn it. and I would have gotten it for sure!!!

scallop risotto?? I have always cruised with RCI and don't remember this....

Is it served in the main dining room? I know they serve shrimp risotto in Portofinos but I don't remember scallop rissoto on the menus... darn it. and I would have gotten it for sure!!!

The scallop rissoto is one of the appetizers they serve in the main dining room, yes. It's delicious!!

As a side note, I saw a number of people on here stated they loved the Grand Marnier Souffle for dessert. It was one of my favorites, as well. Notice I used the past tense - they no longer serve it!!!! I was very disappointed. In fact, I emailed RCL and told them it was their best dessert and that they should not have gotten rid of it. If you were a fan, please email them and complain, too!! I would love for them to bring it back. :) They replaced it with a chocolate souffle that didn't compare!

• 1 month later...

Archived