Carnival Freedom or Valor???

Jacky4

I was all set to go on the Valor because I heard how great it was but now I am considering the Freedom to save a little money. The Freedom is one less day and a little closer. How does the Freedom compare to the Valor? Is there a reservations only dining room on the Freedom? Is there movies played on the Lido deck? How are the water slides? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

I was all set to go on the Valor because I heard how great it was but now I am considering the Freedom to save a little money. The Freedom is one less day and a little closer. How does the Freedom compare to the Valor? Is there a reservations only dining room on the Freedom? Is there movies played on the Lido deck? How are the water slides? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't been on either ship, but I can answer a few things.

The Freedom is newer than the Valor, but the ship's layout is exactly the same. They are both Conquest class ships. The waterslides and everything else, other than the decorations, will be identical. They both have Supper Clubs and Movies on the Lido deck.

I am sure that whichever ship you choose, you will have a good time.:)

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I wanted to try a supper club and I already told my kids about the movies on the Lido so now they won't mind switching (except for the extra day).

I have also sailed on both. If the price difference isn't much, I would take the longer cruise just to get an extra day on board. Also, itinerary has a lot to do with my choice of ships. Other than that, Freedom is the newest ship in the fleet, and we have enjoyed sailing on her 2x, and have had a blast both times.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I wanted to try a supper club and I already told my kids about the movies on the Lido so now they won't mind switching (except for the extra day).

I just came back last week from a B2B on the Freedom, then the Valor the following week. I liked both, and the Valor still looks brand new. The only thing that I liked better on the Freedom was the Piano Bar Player. (Ron Pass was excellent on the Freedom).

Joanne

Ron Pass is going to go over to the Splendor when she begins sailing. Brad took over the Freedom (Europe) piano bar. We were lucky enough to have both on our sailing. (Ron's last, and Brad's first on Freedom) Hard decision - Valor or Freedom - but don't base it just on the piano bar. Both are great ships - again, price/length of cruise/itinerary should be taken under consideration. I would go on either again in a heartbeat!

Archived