Fuel Surcharge Refund ?

Jimjam

I contacted HAL about my refund for March 8 and was told that they issued a refund check to online travel agent on April 21. Contacted them, and they said they sent check back to HAL April 28. So far no refund yet from HAL only runaround.

I contacted HAL about my refund for March 8 and was told that they issued a refund check to online travel agent on April 21. Contacted them, and they said they sent check back to HAL April 28. So far no refund yet from HAL only runaround.

Why would they send the refund back to HAL instead of you?

Marie

I received my refund for my March 8th cruise on the Noordam. It was credited to the credit card I used for my onboard expenses. It was actually credited before I received the notice from HAL. Check your credit card statements.

Received my refund for my March 15 Zuiderdam sailing. It appeard as a credit on my credit card on April 12th, a few days before I received HAL's letter confirming the credit.

Bob

Just an update. Spoke with HAL again, they checked to see if they recieved check fro TA. Took awhile, but they finally found it. Said we should finally get credit charged to AMEX within 14 days. We shall see.

Just checked with my TA that booked my cruise we had on March 8, 2008 about the refund. I was told THEY RECEIVED THE REFUND AND THEY WILL SEND ME MY REFUND BUT IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 8 TO 12 MORE WEEKS !!!!! Between Holland America using my money for many months and now MY TA using my money --it seems to me they have a very good thing going for themselves.. Anyone that is entitled to the refund and have not received it yet - CHECK WITH YOUR TA...They may have it in their bank and if you don't call them they just might keep it themselves for safe keeping. I might add, even though I booked the cruise through the TA, my credit card deposit was charged by HOLLAND AMERICA as well as the final payment..I can not imagine why Holland America would send the refund to the TA when it was all charged by HA to my credit card.. I would think it should be credited to my credit card where it was charged in the first place.

I finally received the refund today. It was charged back to AMEX. I wonder if I didn't call the other HAL the other day, if my refund would have been found? They seemed to have found it when I was on the phone with them.

Just checked with my TA that booked my cruise we had on March 8, 2008 about the refund. I was told THEY RECEIVED THE REFUND AND THEY WILL SEND ME MY REFUND BUT IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 8 TO 12 MORE WEEKS !!!!! Between Holland America using my money for many months and now MY TA using my money --it seems to me they have a very good thing going for themselves.. Anyone that is entitled to the refund and have not received it yet - CHECK WITH YOUR TA...They may have it in their bank and if you don't call them they just might keep it themselves for safe keeping. I might add, even though I booked the cruise through the TA, my credit card deposit was charged by HOLLAND AMERICA as well as the final payment..I can not imagine why Holland America would send the refund to the TA when it was all charged by HA to my credit card.. I would think it should be credited to my credit card where it was charged in the first place.

Hmm, I had the same issue with a Celebrity cruise that was charged directly through the cruise line (by the TA) and I received a refund when the price went down. The problem was that Celebrity sent the money to the TA and they only realized it after I was looking for it. I then had to wait 8-12 weeks for the refund from the TA. It might be the same TA (advertises on CC) but my only issue is that they changed the way they do business and now all money is charged through the TA (per their new parent company) and then sent to the cruiselines. I don't like it but the discount is really good on the more expensive cruises on HAL. My deposits are direct since I book through the cruise line and sometimes transfer to an outside TA.

Oh, the original reason for my post, is anyone else being told they are not eligible for the refund even if they booked before last November? The TA made mine into a new booking and then could only negotiate half a refund in the form of OBC. This makes no sense as deposit is clearly from July 2008 and with book on board credits from HAL and insurance.

Thanks everyone...Hey, Jade13 -- It sounds like the same TA located here in New Jersey..I understand they recently merged with another travel agency. I have dealt with them for many, many years (20 cruises) and they always had the best price... Hope I eventually get the refund...

Archived