Quick Question

We have connecting cabins in a few days. Right now Carnival is doing an upgrade. They still have a pair of connecting cabins that they could move us up to but they won't . We have 3 in one room and 4 in the other. They tell me that the ones for the upgrade holds 5 and 4 and they won't do it. Is this typical for them with the cruise being so close?

One more thing...how many times have you called and received an OBC? I've already gotten one and I noticed another drop..should I call them again??

Thanks!!! :)

We have connecting cabins in a few days. Right now Carnival is doing an upgrade. They still have a pair of connecting cabins that they could move us up to but they won't . We have 3 in one room and 4 in the other. They tell me that the ones for the upgrade holds 5 and 4 and they won't do it. Is this typical for them with the cruise being so close?

One more thing...how many times have you called and received an OBC? I've already gotten one and I noticed another drop..should I call them again??

Carnival is under no obligation to provide any upgrades at all. You are only entitled to what you paid for. They control their inventory very closely and won't give you a cabin that they want or need to hold back - for any reason they see necessary.

I cruise solo (except once a year when I take my grandson)...they wouldn't put me in a cabin that would hold 3 or 4 people unless that was all they had left at the time I made the reservation.

There is nothing you can do about it. It's their inventory and they will upgrade to their satisfaction, not the passengers.

Accept the upgrade graciously or not. It is purely your decision....

Good luck and have a great cruise!

I would think they could hold out on those cabins until they have to turn the list of passangers over to the Customs. They know alot of people book at the last minute. I would keep calling, can't hurt and the worst that can happen is that you never move!

As for the OBC, I can't answer that question. I have only gotten one OBC for any cruises. But good luck, I would call that again.

They are under no obligation to upgrade you at all. You are only entitled to what you paid for, nothing more. If they have offered to upgrade, the choice is yours; take it or not.

They keep close control on their cabin inventory. The cabins you want are for larger groups of people sharing a cabin. If they give it to you, they would then have to either turn down a new booking with more people...or move your party to another cabin....which you wouldn't like.

There is nothing you can do about that....it's their ship and they will sell the cabins according to their needs.

If the price of my cruise falls, I too call and can get OBC. It's a good idea to check once in a while.....I love OBC..don't you? Yeah!

You could always ask to be upgraded to the same deck, just not connecting cabins? Im guessing you dont want that either.

Its up to them if they will give you the other pair of connecting cabins.

Cant hurt to ask for the extra OBC, all they can do is say no.

Archived