Which CruisePort in Nice?

homolog

We are starting a cruise with the Legend August 2nd in Nice.

What I would like to know is whether the ship docks in the port of Nice or in Villefranche. I need this information to arrange a private car from the airport to the port.

Anybody joining us? We are booked for 21 days and disembark in Civitavecchia.

Greetings from Cologne.

Chris

How lucky you are! Three weeks on the Legend.......... August 2............

well, I will be busy watching the Olympics. That's why I booked a cruise in July, just after the European Championships Football and before the Olympics! However........... if you twist my arm...........

Yes, the ship normally sails from Nice. It's very nice to sail from Nice. Very handy too. It is only a short drive from the airport. You can arrive early and leave your luggage on the dock with the Legend and go for lunch........... no problem!

Have a great time!

Marja

Hug: Thanks for the information.

Marja: What a great idea to leave the luggage at the ship and go for a lunch. We arrive around noon, so there's plenty of time to eat, but no chance with the luggage. Can you recommend any restaurant or bistro?

Tot ziens

Chris

We wont be on the cruise but when in Nice we always eat at Le Tire Bouchon (the cork screw) in fact we sometimes go twice withe rule taht we both eat different things each time.

It is in the restaurant area behind the flower market and a short walk from the port.

Finally, if you do a search they do have a web site.

Hope this helps

Thanks, Haworth, for the advice.

Unfortunately Le Tire Bouchon opens only for dinner. But I think there will be some ( or some more) other restaurants open to compete with Charlie Palmer's dishes.

Chris

. Also down the road pass the buss station there is a great seafood restaurant that you can eat outside. Everyone knows the place but it slips my mind for the moment .

If you'll remember, the name would be very helpful.

I also found the L' Escalinada on the web which is just nearby and looks nice.

Thanks

Chris,

you are going in August which means some restaurants may be closed for vacation. However, having lived in Nice for some years I can tell you that it is really hard to get a bad meal there.

A couple of suggestions: There are good restaurants right around the port and the flower market. Walk around and check out the restaurants - menus are always posted outside and people will be eating outside too, so take a look and see what appeals to you. Also, along the beach, the private beaches have restaurants. They tend to be very good and it's great to have a salade Nicoise right by the water at Nice! In general, you couldn't go wrong if you order soupe de poisson and a grilled daurade.

Archived