Advice re the port of FT Lauderdale!

Zimomiller

If you are departing on cruise from the Port Of Ft Lauderdale, please be aware of the extra security that is in place.

Make sure that all the members of your party have ID etc in hand , especially if you need to travel in more than 1 cab to get to the ship.

There is a security point before entry to the Port.

They will look for ID from everyone on the cab. Not sure what that proves as there are tons of fake id etc floating around.

If a person in the cab has no ID, they are screwed and will not get entry to the Port.

have sailed from this port at least 3 times --have always gotten a ride from the airport by the car rental company and i have never had to show id --the van has always been waved through----------last time through there was this past march

hmmm....whenever I have been taken to the ship, the cab driver or van driver always asks for ID to show to the guys at the entrance...I always have my passport right there for them.

Went through there in May. We were in a hotel shuttle and everyone in the van had to flash (ie not closely inspected) a photo ID. The Driver told us three times on the trip over to pull them out and have them ready. Of course one guy wasn't listening and did not do it. They held us at the gate for a couple of minutes until he could dig his passport out of his carryon. It is not a big deal, but I would agree that everyone in your group needs to be ready with the ID at the gate.

TW

They may let the rental car vans thru without checking because they figure you had to show an ID to rent the car.:)

hope thats not true because then all any bad guy has to do is rent a car with phony id and then he gets a free pass to get on a ship

Archived