What's wrong with 9614?

I've been watching this JS on the Navigator for the past few months. It becomes available, is scooped up and a day or so later it's back. It's on the front side of the hump which should make it a desirable cabin. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? :confused: :confused:

Maybe because it's a connecting room to the one next to it, and it's directly across from an elevator right in the middle of the ship (ie lots of traffic)

I've been watching this JS on the Navigator for the past few months. It becomes available, is scooped up and a day or so later it's back. It's on the front side of the hump which should make it a desirable cabin. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? :confused: :confused:

Maybe because it's a connecting room to the one next to it, and it's directly across from an elevator right in the middle of the ship (ie lots of traffic)

The connecting room may be the issue. While it looks like it is right across from the elevator, the elevator doors actually open on the other side; not into the hallway. As far as noise is concerned, we were in 8620 (on Voyager) which is even more closer to the elevators than 9614 and we NEVER experienced any traffic or hallway noise. Actually were thrilled when 8620 was available for our next cruise. Location-wise, I think it's a great cabin because you don't have to spend alot of time walking down hallways.

Some cabins just seem to pop up alot.

We were in 9612 on the Mariner, which is the room that has the connecting door to 9614. It was a wonderful location, and aside from the fact that there was an extra door in our cabin, we never felt that our room was any different than others we've stayed in. I'd book this cabin again!

What I always find interesting is everyone's views on cabins....:)

We were elated when I snagged 9614 and 9612 as my two teen boys will be in the connecting cabin and I splurged for the JS for us...and they are both hump cabins to boot!!! I am just jumping like Tigger over the whole thing.

I guess if we all liked/wanted the same cabin...it might get crowded..lol

best of luck to the OP! :)

We had a connecting room on Liberty in February that was occupied by someone, never heard a single thing through the doors the entire week:)

After the first day I forgot that door was even there. We love the locations near the aft elevators/stairs and make a point to book them. The promenade and pool are always only a short walk away from the cabin.

Now that I've heard from people who have been there.................. would you swap 9624 for 9614? Does the adjoining door change the room configuration at all?

We changed our D2 for the JS when 9624 became available. Since then, 9614 keeps showing up but I'm leery of making the change. :o What do you think?

... would you swap 9624 for 9614?
I wouldn't.

We have stayed in 9614 on Voyager. It was our second connecting cabin and we had no issues with it either time. We loved the location which is why we booked it.

That said, I wouldn't switch 9624 for it. That cabin is basically the equivalent of 9614 (location-wise) except on the back end of the hump and it's not connecting. Any hump cabin is great! 9614 was the only JS hump cabin option we had so that is why we booked it.

I haven't stayed in a non-connecting JS on a Voyager-class ship but I do believe the lay-out is a bit different.

While connecting cabins don't bother us I would always choose a non-connecting over connecting if the location was so similar.

Stick with 9624! You're going to love it! :)

We are also in 9614 on the Explorer. Can you see both fore and aft. Is the balcony a tad bigger because of the hump?

No, just forward. I'm not sure if the balcony is any bigger, it is slightly angled, not sure if it means anything space wise. We thought it was a great cabin though - enjoy! :)

We have had cabins with connecting doors more than once and heard no one next to us. I don't believe that I would let THAT keep me from a good room. Some of our worst memories (noise wise) were cabins next to us obviously with no door. Noise until 3AM...........young kids, unchaperoned. FINALLY RCCL sent someone to check it out for us. That took care of it, for THAT night.

Don't worry about connecting doors.

One word can describe the Junior Suite on Navigator:

Haunted!!!

:eek:

I stayed in the JS last December, and I took this picture of the staircase leading up to it. I'm telling you, STRANGE THINGS happen in that room. You should avoid it at all costs!!!

ghost9.jpg

RCCL will deny this, but I hear they plan to seal the entire floor off. The same thing has happened to Sovereign....THE ENTIRE SHIP.....and you see what they're doing to her!!!

BobBeaSea....thank you so much for your input!!! I am so excited to stay in that cabin even more now...! I have stayed in hotels in connecting rooms (without someone I know next door) and we had no problems.

Now that my boys are both teens...they like their space...and we love ours. My youngest son (13) goes out on the balcony every morning and every night just to take in the view. :) When he sailed with me at the age of 7 for the first time...he begged me to let him sleep on the balcony...I did let him snooze but not sleep out there all evening...lol

A balcony is so much part of the cruise for us....

:)

Nothing at all.

I had it in March. Terrific JS. Grab it if you can.

108384051_JS9614(1).jpg.9cef10484c85db36ad7ba75532bf53a7.jpg

1363829373_JS9614(2).jpg.6908460ea14da726d58fc1e21533391d.jpg

1349291896_JS9614(3).jpg.8467443f5c0dae72a697cd26562a950f.jpg

1813109383_JS9614(4).jpg.e13c2a742b797b6c45e7051a94f20e73.jpg

• 10 years later...