Can I carry all my luggage on Glory?

karenw

I would think not, since carry-on luggage has to fit through the security scanners. Besides, your cabin might not be ready, and you would have to keep up with a giant piece of luggage and a carry-on until you can go to your cabin.

Can I carry all my luggage on Glory with me? I know I can take my carryon and check the rest, but I want to take my big case with me too.

As long s it fits through the opening of the xray machine. Also if you arrive before 1:30 you will have to carry your bags around the ship until your room is ready. Normally they have the fire door closed until then.

More info here

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more that 50 pounds and not exceed 16"h x 24"w x 30"length. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"w x 16"h. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags.

We both packed one carry on size each our first Ecstasy cruise so we could carry them on. Since then we have switched to one checked and one carry on, we must be expanding what we bring on a 7 day.

We have since bought a 3rd carry on size, might try that. We also hate checking our bags and waiting for them to arrive at our cabin.

Can I carry all my luggage on Glory with me? I know I can take my carryon and check the rest, but I want to take my big case with me too.

From Carnival's website:

Do you have luggage restrictions?spacer.gifGuests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more that 50 pounds and not exceed 16"h x 24"w x 30"length. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"w x 16"h. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags.

My husband and I were some of the last few (just a handful) that boarded last (they were waiting on us;(). The porters were all gone, we took all of our luggage with us through the terminal all the checking in, skipped pic;s (told you we were late...I hate missing that pic!).

Two carry on's and three large pieces of luggage the whole way. Pain in the bottom, but-- didn't have to wait on our luggage.

My husband and I were some of the last few (just a handful) that boarded last (they were waiting on us;(). The porters were all gone, we took all of our luggage with us through the terminal all the checking in, skipped pic;s (told you we were late...I hate missing that pic!).

Two carry on's and three large pieces of luggage the whole way. Pain in the bottom, but-- didn't have to wait on our luggage.

Just curious as to why you were so late, or is it a REALLY long story? :confused:

Cruise air, plane delay because of the inspection a couple of the airlines did that weekend, then weather......luggage was last off the plane, needless to say it was a double margarita after we finished with drill (since we walked in at the end of it)!

that's the real short version, make any sense?

Cruise air, plane delay because of the inspection a couple of the airlines did that weekend, then weather......luggage was last off the plane, needless to say it was a double margarita after we finished with drill (since we walked in at the end of it)!

that's the real short version, make any sense?

Wow! Makes sense.. And this is also why we ALWAYS fly in a day before the cruise; for reasons just like this. Because you never know what might happen, and it really cuts down on the stress factor too! ;)

Cruise air is not such a hot ticket IMHO, also for some of the same reasons. I would recommend booking your own air in the future.. :)

Wow! Makes sense.. And this is also why we ALWAYS fly in a day before the cruise; for reasons just like this. Because you never know what might happen, and it really cuts down on the stress factor too! ;)

Cruise air is not such a hot ticket IMHO, also for some of the same reasons. I would recommend booking your own air in the future.. :)

total hijack of this thread...so sorry.:o

It was only our second cruise. Tickets were about the same however, if we weren't with cruise air they wouldn't have held the ship:rolleyes: .

But this did convience my husband that we will be coming in the day before, it took this to convience him!:p

Archived