Hotel recommendation flying into Newark

lkettle

Could anyone recommend a decent hotel which is within easy reach of the Path to get into New York, we are flying into Newark from London UK the day before so are looking for 2 nights and cruising on the Explorer in Sept so are cruising out of Cape Liberty

Any help would be most appreciated

Best Wishes

Lynn & Dave:confused:

Could anyone recommend a decent hotel which is within easy reach of the Path to get into New York, we are flying into Newark from London UK the day before so are looking for 2 nights and cruising on the Explorer in Sept so are cruising out of Cape Liberty

Any help would be most appreciated

Best Wishes

Lynn & Dave:confused:

The easiest would be the Newark Hilton Penn Station. Airport courtesy shuttle, PATH station attached to the hotel. Decent, older Hilton. Even though this hotel is not new or particularly fancy, I usually recommend it due to ease getting into NYC. And since the train station is actually connected to the hotel, it is safe late at night when traveling via PATH.

The Hyatt in Jersey City is a spectacular hotel. The view is to die for. And often available on Hotwire and Priceline at reasonable prices. Again, another hotel next door to PATH. However, the Hyatt has no shuttle from the airport. Plan on $50.00 for a taxi each way. There is a hotel shuttle, but it seems to me it was $30.00pp.

The easiest would be the Newark Hilton Penn Station. Airport courtesy shuttle, PATH station attached to the hotel. Decent, older Hilton. Even though this hotel is not new or particularly fancy, I usually recommend it due to ease getting into NYC. And since the train station is actually connected to the hotel, it is safe late at night when traveling via PATH.

The Hyatt in Jersey City is a spectacular hotel. The view is to die for. And often available on Hotwire and Priceline at reasonable prices. Again, another hotel next door to PATH. However, the Hyatt has no shuttle from the airport. Plan on $50.00 for a taxi each way. There is a hotel shuttle, but it seems to me it was $30.00pp.

Agree if you are going to do it once the Hyatt in Jersey City has a view that is priceless.

Hi Many thanks for advice, we may try Priceline but a bit dont know how to do this from the UK, we think you you need a US zip code? Is this true, we have not heard of Hotwire so will give that a look

All the best David & Lynn

Hi Many thanks for advice, we may try Priceline but a bit dont know how to do this from the UK, we think you you need a US zip code? Is this true, we have not heard of Hotwire so will give that a look

All the best David & Lynn

I hope you don't mind me butting in here. I think Priceline would be risky because you specifically want a hotel in a safe location and close to PATH so that you can commute to Manhattan easily.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived