Trays at the Buffet

Jolynn2262

Are there trays in the Horizon Court? I enjoy taking goodies back to the cabin but hate juggling. It's worth it to slide one in my suitcase for the trip if there aren't any. Also, I'm new to Princess. Is this a common practice or will I get funny looks for leaving the food area well stocked?

Jolynn

If you are actually desperate for a tray for the buffet, order room service and keep the tray. Just let your room steward know you would like to keep it for the duration of the cruise.

Will you get funny looks? Well, probably a few wondering where you got the tray from. LOL

To me it is. That's why I asked. ;) They don't weigh much and are flat of course. I can always leave it behind.

Whatever. You questioned if you'd get funny looks and I would think a large tray filled with plates, drink glasses and anything else would get you funny looks - especially when it's all available in a lovely atmosphere in Horizon Court and room service is on hand to deliver food to your room. I've seen people take food on platters back to their rooms, I would say hauling a tray with multiple plates would be outside the norm. Here's hoping you have calm seas.

Whatever. You questioned if you'd get funny looks and I would think a large tray filled with plates, drink glasses and anything else would get you funny looks - especially when it's all available in a lovely atmosphere in Horizon Court and room service is on hand to deliver food to your room. I've seen people take food on platters back to their rooms, I would say hauling a tray with multiple plates would be outside the norm. Here's hoping you have calm seas.
We had six adjoining cabins on the Crown last summer with all the balcony doors open. Quite often we would have parties on a couple of the balconies and send a couple of people up to Horizon Court for food.

We never got any looks from anyone. The only comments were on the order of can we join your party?

Do whatever you want. It's your cruise. As long as you don't interfere with the enjoyment of others, you don't get any looks from anyone.

Lew

Thank you. The cruise is very port intensive, and I think a quiet dinner away from the hustle and bustle some night might be nice. Room service selection is not near as good as the buffet. I travel solo and sometimes like to be solo. To each his own.

Thank you. The cruise is very port intensive, and I think a quiet dinner away from the hustle and bustle some night might be nice. Room service selection is not near as good as the buffet. I travel solo and sometimes like to be solo. To each his own.

What a lovely idea. There is a silver tray under the glasses near the bar/refrigerator that I have used before. Have fun!

Jan

My hubby likes to get a tray and save it for the week. In the morning, he'll go to the Horizon, get his made-to-order omelet and then make up a tray for the girl and me with cereal, OJ (but never enough for me), muffins, toast, etc., so that we can sleep in.

I do write down a request for trays in the buffet on the comment card. It does make it easier so you don't have to juggle the plate, a glass of water or tea and the silverware, especially if you have to help a kid or older folk with their food too. If you don't want a tray, you don't have to have one, but let those who do have the choice. (and for those thinking the platter is big enough...I don't eat that much, I just hate to juggle those different items on that plate)

Those platters aren't that huge. They're just big plates. By them time I try to hold silverware off to the side, and fit a salad bowl on them, there's really not even room for a beverage cup. I always smile when I read people say they're huge. I think that if Princess provided tray, and people could more easily carry things to their tables, it would cut the traffic around the buffet islands by half, because people wouldn't have to be going back over for things that didn't fit the first time around.

And I'm not talking about pigs to the trough, either. If you're like me, and prefer that your food not touch and not be piled high, the trays are not that huge.

When you dine in the dining room do you ask the waiter to bring all of your courses at the samwe time? If this is the norm for some then they should have trays - but - I think if the waiter brought everything at once I think you would complain.

Ron

Archived