back to back cruise

joycefnp

Has anyone ever taken a back to back cruise? Do you have to disembark with everyone else then get back on? If so, do you have to totally pack?

Also, I know when we were on the Paul Gaugin a few years back (pre 911) there was at least one couple were ended up staying and cruising a second week, fir a great discount. Does any of that still go on? If you bought your airfare through the cruiseline, would they make the changes?

My mom and her husband are considering a back to back on Azmara, but they're not very computer savy, so I thought I would ask.

Has anyone ever taken a back to back cruise? Do you have to disembark with everyone else then get back on? If so, do you have to totally pack?

Also, I know when we were on the Paul Gaugin a few years back (pre 911) there was at least one couple were ended up staying and cruising a second week, fir a great discount. Does any of that still go on? If you bought your airfare through the cruiseline, would they make the changes?

My mom and her husband are considering a back to back on Azmara, but they're not very computer savy, so I thought I would ask.

We got back two weeks ago from a b2b2b on the Star Princess. We had the same cabin for all three cruises, so we did not have to pack anything. On the last night of each cruise, we got our cruise cards for the next one. We were asked to go to any gangway during the afternoon to get our new cards activated.

Note that these answers could vary by cruise ship and turnaround port.

Adding to Paul's comments..... if you need to change cabins the ship's crew will help. We have also been on B2B's that required us to disembark (just get off the ship) go through immigration then we could get back on. You will also be allowed to spend the day on the ship... and have everything to yourselves.

............Also, I know when we were on the Paul Gaugin a few years back (pre 911) there was at least one couple were ended up staying and cruising a second week, fir a great discount. Does any of that still go on? If you bought your airfare through the cruiseline, would they make the changes? My mom and her husband are considering a back to back on Azmara, but they're not very computer savy, so I thought I would ask.

As far as any discounts.... the only time I have ever heard was once on the ship and in this case it was a reposition cruise that was not full. Otherwise .... I would not expect a discount for booking the second cruise. But maybe Azmara is different.... them I do not know. I also assume if you book the second on the first cruise... flight deviations would be on you.... but that would be a question to ask at the time. Best best is make the decision prior and book everything accordingly.

How they handle the b2b depends on cruise line and port where the first cruise ends. If it starts and ends in the same US port you will have to get off the ship after all other passengers disembark, go through customs and immigration, and get right back onto the ship. I am not sure how they handle it in overseas ports, and in cases where the beginning and end of the cruise are not in the same port, such as barcelona to Venice on one leg, Venice to Barcelona on the other. Or a repositioning followed by a cruise from the new home port. I do think that on my first Princess cruise on Royal Princess, people who got on in Valparaiso (Chile) and stayed on in Buenos Aires for the next leg did not have to get off, as our embarkation processing in Buenos Aires was handled in a hotel 30 min from the port. EM

Archived