Paper Docs vs E-Docs

*CruiseFan*

Howdy all :)

I have a quick question for anyone. We moved at the end of March, and I never gave Carnival or our TA our new address to mail our docs. Realizing my msitake, last week I emailed our TA our new address and changed it online with Carnival. My TA said that Carnival doesn't send paper docs anymore, yet when I log into my documents on Carnival's website, it said docs will be mailed. I have filled out everything online and printed my documents and luggage tags that way, but my question is, do I need to call Carnival? Granted, the people that moved into the apartment we moved out of can't really do anything with all those documents seeing as we have the proper ID's and I have the credit card under which the cruise was booked, but wasn't sure what the general consensus was.

This is our fourth Carnival cruise together, and our last one was in 2006 before they had ALL documents online -- if I recall correctly it was just the funpass that you printed online, so I haven't experienced this yet.

Thank you!

Ashley

Howdy all :)

I have a quick question for anyone. We moved at the end of March, and I never gave Carnival or our TA our new address to mail our docs. Realizing my msitake, last week I emailed our TA our new address and changed it online with Carnival. My TA said that Carnival doesn't send paper docs anymore, yet when I log into my documents on Carnival's website, it said docs will be mailed. I have filled out everything online and printed my documents and luggage tags that way, but my question is, do I need to call Carnival? Granted, the people that moved into the apartment we moved out of can't really do anything with all those documents seeing as we have the proper ID's and I have the credit card under which the cruise was booked, but wasn't sure what the general consensus was.

This is our fourth Carnival cruise together, and our last one was in 2006 before they had ALL documents online -- if I recall correctly it was just the funpass that you printed online, so I haven't experienced this yet.

Thank you!

Ashley

I just got paper docs in the mail so Carnival still does them.

For some strange reason travel agents tell you Carnival only does Edocs. This is definately not true. Carnival will send your TA the paper docs. They must forward them to you. I guess that is to much work for them. I am leaving on the Liberty on May 31, and have paper docs. I used seamiles to book the cruise. They told me my only choice was Edocs. After calling Carnival, I requested paper docs thru seamiles and advised them what Carnival had said. They were very apologetic and said it would be no problem.

Aw, that's a cute idea to use them for scrapbooks!

I may call just to be sure :) I feel okay with the e-docs, but I don't wanna have to rumble with someone at the port if they show up with our paper docs trying to pretend they're us :p

To the OP: Surely you filed a change of address with the P.O.? they will forward your docs...The new tenants will never see them...EM

My husband was in charge of that, so there's absolutely no telling...I think I'll check into on my own to be sure.

edit: submitted one just to be sure. I'm fairly certain he didn't do it. *sigh*

Archived