Anchorage: Laundromat, Park, Coffee

sdfamily

On the day our cruise departs my FIL and DH are going to drop my MIL, myself and the kids (DSs 9, 7) off in Anchorage whilte they return the RV (in Wasilla).

We will, of course, need to do laundry. Can anyone recommend a laundromat that is near a park and a good place to get coffee? They will have the car.

I tried using Mapquest, but could not pinpoint an area.

Thanks in advance!

On the day our cruise departs my FIL and DH are going to drop my MIL, myself and the kids (DSs 9, 7) off in Anchorage whilte they return the RV (in Wasilla).

We will, of course, need to do laundry. Can anyone recommend a laundromat that is near a park and a good place to get coffee? They will have the car.

I tried using Mapquest, but could not pinpoint an area.

Thanks in advance!

Or you could do it once you are onboard.

Is there a way for all of you to go to Wasilla to return the RV? There is a laundromat there with a park on Wasilla Lake basically 1/2 a block away and across the street, and a Kaladi Brothers coffee shop the other direction across the Carrs/Safeway parking lot.

Actually Wasilla might work better now that I think about it.

We are looping from Anchorage - Denali - Fairbanks - Valdez - Anchorage.

Thanks mytime53!

I guess I could wait until we are onboard, but I was thinking it would be best to re-organize our luggage and have clean clothes before we get there.

If you choose to stop in Wasilla, as you come into town (looks like you'd be coming down Palmer-Wasilla Hwy. from Palmer), turn right onto the Parks Hwy. at Fred Meyer, turn right on Crusey St. at the end of Wasilla Lake, take the first left (right after McDonalds, and the laundromat is on the right, next to whichever lube place is on that street (I can't remember if it's Jiffy Lube or a different one). Since you just passed the lake, you know where the Park is, and to get to the coffee shop: the road to the laundromat ends at the Carrs/Safeway parking lot. Kaladi Bros. is at the far side of the parking lot, in the corner of the building that is perpendicular to the grocery store. This sounds like a lot of directions, so a lot of distance. But you can see it all from one place.

Enjoy your trip!

Archived