Anybody ever bought "Carnival's One Day Sale" question

Top-Cat

Does anyone know if the rates for the one day sale are what is posted on their and other various websites or do yiou get a totally different rate when you call?? I was looking at the rates and the rate for the cruise I was looking at litterally went up 10 buck sright before my eyes when I changes screens. I know they are giving upgrades. Just wondering if anyone ever booked during one of theseand if you get special rates for calling in??

Thanks

I looked at the prices on the carnival website and others. The prices on Carnival were higher than the other sites, but when i called, they gave me the same rates as the other sites:confused:

good luck!

hayley

Hi Hayley,

How much less were the other sites that Carnival matched?:)

I talked to my PVP about this sale today, and he said the DP3 code gives a better discount than the "one day sale". The DP3 code is good through August, BUT he said there's no guarantee the prices won't go up before then.

Hi Hayley,

How much less were the other sites that Carnival matched?:)

i think Carnivals website was like $80.00 to $100.00 more, but when I called I just asked for a price. I didn't mention looking at prices on other sites.

hayley

I booked yesterday via Carnival. You can only get them by calling for some reason. In the past the web site has made a big deal of that, but not this time. Anyway, the price I got was the same as I had seen on internet TA sites, but not on Carnival's site. Basically, you pay the price for the A-level of any category and can get your pick of cabins in that level. In my case, we paid for 8A and picked an 8E cabin.

Does anyone know if the rates for the one day sale are what is posted on their and other various websites or do yiou get a totally different rate when you call?? I was looking at the rates and the rate for the cruise I was looking at litterally went up 10 buck sright before my eyes when I changes screens. I know they are giving upgrades. Just wondering if anyone ever booked during one of theseand if you get special rates for calling in??

Thanks

I've booked during one-day sales before, and the only difference I've seen between what you see in the online booking system and what a PVP has is cabin selection. My PVP always has better cabins (location-wise) than the online system. Other than that, the price is the same.

I will say this - if you're not picky about the cabin assignment, booking a guarantee is usually a better deal price-wise. I don't think guarantees are available during a one-day sale, so if you want to go that route, you will have to wait until the one-day sale is over.

Whenever they have a sale, the rates usually go up, but they will offer free upgrades. Usually you can't book a guaranty on the free upgrade offer, you have to select a cabin. The guaranty rates are usually lower as well. What CCL won't do is give you a discount. A TA can offer you a discounted rate NO MATTER what the CCL PVP tells you. Including discounting on fares for Military, Past Guest, Senior, & Resident rates. They tell you won't do better elsewhere...not true.

Thanks

My sister and her DH just received $200 off their already booked Nov cruise because of the one day sale (patting myself on the back cause I shot her off an email and told her to call her PVP)

Whenever they have a sale, the rates usually go up, but they will offer free upgrades. Usually you can't book a guaranty on the free upgrade offer, you have to select a cabin. The guaranty rates are usually lower as well. What CCL won't do is give you a discount. A TA can offer you a discounted rate NO MATTER what the CCL PVP tells you. Including discounting on fares for Military, Past Guest, Senior, & Resident rates. They tell you won't do better elsewhere...not true.

Can any of you pm me with a recommendatio as to who to use to book other than CCL?? I've submitted for 2 quotes on the competing website but am unsure who to go with,...i'm thinking of changing from Sky to Inspiration or imagination1

Thanks

We just did. Not only did we get a decent rate ($429 for inside cabin) but we also got $100 discount per person for being a past guest...$329 for inside cabin PLUS they gave us a free 2 level upgrade....we are very happy. It is for the Pride going to Mexico in Jan 2009.

Can any of you pm me with a recommendatio as to who to use to book other than CCL?? I've submitted for 2 quotes on the competing website but am unsure who to go with,...i'm thinking of changing from Sky to Inspiration or imagination1

I'd love to PM you, but unfortunately there is no way to PM on this cruise site lol

I booked today and received a FIVE cat. upgrade! I did this through my PVP who was able to use one day sale and past guest discount to get me the best deal today.

You cant combine sales, she either used one or the other. You can only use one code, not two at a time. Im betting she gave you the past guest? I know at least one site is showing this is the last day for best cabin in the category sale going on.

Archived