Which lines?

mamie

70% of Amadeus Waterways is owned by an American company and the remaining 30% is owned by an Australian company. Out of 148 people on our cruise on the Amacello, about 30 were Aussies and New Zealanders. Of the rest, all were US or Canadian except for 4 delightfully crazy Finns.

SKF, This is the River & Canal Cruises forum, I guess that's why the assumption it's about River Boats.

OOPS, my bad ! When I saw the OP I had no idea this was the riverboat board.

I'll go away now, Steve

Nippy, I think the question probably has to do with the language spoken on the ship and tours. You Scots are quite civilized and if I pay attention, I can actually understand what you are saying. (I'm sure you feel the same way about us Americans).

Steve,

Don't go away, you may actually decide to take a River Cruise after perusing this forum. We're taking our first River Boat Cruise in Nov this year after 3 years on the Windsurf. Although it's much smaller than other Cruise Ships, which is what we really like about it, it doesn't do rivers. We've also done the Big Boats a couple of times and find them not to our liking. We have high hopes and expectations for River Cruising. ML

ps. Nippy, we've met many nationalities during our cruising and like all human relationships, loved some, liked some and avoided others and nationality had nothing to do with it.

Nippy, I think the question probably has to do with the language spoken on the ship and tours. You Scots are quite civilized and if I pay attention, I can actually understand what you are saying. (I'm sure you feel the same way about us Americans).

Two nations divided by a common language.......plus ca change!

Archived