unlimited free speciality dining?

rodan

I just got my confirmation for dining in one of the speciality dining rooms on the Quest and the e-mail states that I have one or two more free reservations left that can be made once I am on board. From reading these boards I was to understand that you could eat as many times as you want in the speciality dining rooms for free as long as there was room. Is this still true or are we back to 2 or 3 if you are staying in a suite?

Thanks,

Rodan

The 2 (or 3) reservations in the specialty restaurants are your "entitlements." Any extra nights will depend on availability which, in turn, depends largely on your flexibility. The only extra charge is the discretionary gratuity ($5 and well deserved).

I can only speak to our experience on an 18 day Journey cruise in March. The alternative restaurants do charge you $5 per person per meal, but I guess theoretically you could have this charge removed (we thought it was well worth the $5 or a lot more). The rule on our cruise was that we could make 2 reservations during the first couple of days of the cruise. By the third day, our maitre'd no longer enforced any kind of limit and it was just a matter of availability. We were always able to get reservations, but on some very busy nights the maitre'd requested that we not show-up until about 9 (we like to dine late so that was fine). As I previously posted, over our 18 nights we dined 9 times in the alternative restaurants (7 in Aqualina and 2 in PrimeC). One interesting tidbit was that on the 4th night of our cruise (this was already our 2nd time in Aqualina) we mentioned to the maitre'd that we liked Aqualina so much we could eat there every night. He just smiled and said: "I can arrange that if if you want." On two or our nights in Aqualina, we were asked by other couples if we would like to join them for dinner, and than they were easily able to change their reservation to accomodate one more couple. The only reason we did not dine there every night was we wanted to experience some of the different menus in the main dining room.

Hank

Is this still true or are we back to 2 or 3 if you are staying in a suite?

Thanks,

Rodan

I'm in a regular ole ocean view cabin and was told I could dine in both restaurants too. Needn't be a suite :p

I'm in a regular ole ocean view cabin and was told I could dine in both restaurants too. Needn't be a suite :p

The general rule is that suite occupants are guaranteed 3 reservations at the specialty restaurants and other cabin occupants are guaranteed 2. You can eat there more frequently as space allows.:)

I was told I'm entitled to 2 visits to the specialty restaurant and as space allows so we got the same info. I'm really worried that after RCL immerses their RCL brand ships they'll start on these ships and make it an Asian language cruise.

Can you book these before you board?

If you are a Captains Club Member you can book one ce before you sail.

I would also add that these are not really speciality restaurants as in the M-class (Normandie etc).

These are small intimate ships and IMHO these are just alternative venues, opened up to give an overall better dining experience. If you recall when these ships were first introduced there was mayhem in the dining room with many people complaining about the service. Since they opened up Prime C and Aquilina there have been no real complaints.

When we sailed Quest we just Booked and ate there, .

and also they are very nice places to eat.

Archived