Aft balcony vs panorama deck

gypsyrose

We have enjoyed staying on the panorama deck the past few cruises. We love being up higher and being able to walk down 1 deck and there is the pool and the bar and the buffet. It also allows us to be able to just run to our cabin for a bathroom break when lounging by the pool. Lately, I have read so much about the aft balconies that I thought I would give them a try. I had almost convinced myself of this until I started second guessing today. Am I gonna be too far away from the pool? Will we have too far to walk to go grab a drink or a bite to eat??? Will we feel like we have lost our privacy because the other balconies can see you easier than a regular balcony? Why can't I make up my mind??????? Help:o

If you have an aft balcony, you might be closer to the pool and balcony. The buffet is in the aft and the pools are toward the aft generally, more aft than front. You will probably just be down a stair or two if you got a aft balcony.

We have enjoyed staying on the panorama deck the past few cruises. We love being up higher and being able to walk down 1 deck and there is the pool and the bar and the buffet. It also allows us to be able to just run to our cabin for a bathroom break when lounging by the pool. Lately, I have read so much about the aft balconies that I thought I would give them a try. I had almost convinced myself of this until I started second guessing today. Am I gonna be too far away from the pool? Will we have too far to walk to go grab a drink or a bite to eat??? Will we feel like we have lost our privacy because the other balconies can see you easier than a regular balcony? Why can't I make up my mind??????? Help:o

gypsyrose,

We preferred Panorama ourselves until we tried a 9A aft wrap on our last cruise; now we have four cruies booked with two of them being 9A aft wraps on Conquest class ships, one Cat 11 Suite on a Spirit Class, and an aft on Carnival Dream (It's a 9A on Glory now, but we'll be switching to Carnival Dream when it's itinerary is released.)

We loved the proximity to all the action as well as the peace and quiet on Panorama, but the aft balconies changed our cruise experience and made us more likely to be on our balcony deck than any other open deck. It's also closer to the buffet stations, ice cream, grill, and pizza than we when we were on Panorama. Granted there are steps involved, but there were steps involved coming from Panorama as well as a lot longer walk.

Privacy was a non issue for us. Yes, if you stand at your rail you can see and be seen by your neihbors beside and above you, but there's plenty of space that is as private as the side balconies are.

Second guessing is good, but I think you'll like it and may be one of those who 'once you go aft, you never go back....' ;) :D

Archived