Sooo many questions

Sarapdot

Ok, I have cruised twice before but this time I am trying to be the event coordinator for an all girls cruise consisting of at least 7 girls possibly 10.

We will be sailing on the Conquest out of Galveston on April 26, 2009. Now for my questions:

1. Is Carnival doing the same price thing as RC where the price is about the same no matter where you book it?

2. We will be sharing rooms, two to a room. How will we set up our sail and sign accounts for each person. We want to make sure that we are each paying for our own stuff.

3. We would like to go down to Galveston a day early and stay the night so that we can get to the ship early the next day. Where is a good place to stay that will allow you to book just one night and preferably have free parking during your cruise with a shuttle to the port??

It's late and my mind isn't working so this is all I can think of for now.

Ok, I have cruised twice before but this time I am trying to be the event coordinator for an all girls cruise consisting of at least 7 girls possibly 10.

We will be sailing on the Conquest out of Galveston on April 26, 2009. Now for my questions:

1. Is Carnival doing the same price thing as RC where the price is about the same no matter where you book it?

2. We will be sharing rooms, two to a room. How will we set up our sail and sign accounts for each person. We want to make sure that we are each paying for our own stuff.

3. We would like to go down to Galveston a day early and stay the night so that we can get to the ship early the next day. Where is a good place to stay that will allow you to book just one night and preferably have free parking during your cruise with a shuttle to the port??

1. Not sure what you are asking...

2. Each person should do their own "Fun Pass" with their own credit card. Verify when you arrive at the pier that each is paying separately.

3. You may try the La Quinta Suites they have cruise parking and a shuttle but they charge for it.

A couple weeks ago, we stayed at the Harbor House, right on the pier. It was fairly pricey but only one night required and though there was a $10 parking fee for the one night, the cruise week was free at the Hotel Galvez. The shuttle was very convenient.

We had a corner room so were able to see the Conquest enter the ship channel early and watch it come in from one window, then were able to see it docked from the other. Would definitely stay there again.

1. Not sure about this program....

2. This is done all the time, they will set up different accounts for you at check in.

3. Hilton on Seawall blvd is really nice and has free parking/free shuttle and it is very organized and runs smoothly. We loved it there!

Sorry, I don't understand question one. You've got the answer to 2, each person has their own account. No problem, Carnival does it all the time. 3. The hotels suggested would be great. Check them out on the internet before booking and make sure they offer a free shuttle to the port. Have a fabulous time and don't sweat the small stuff. You'll have a blast.

The charges to your room will be broken down by person. Whoever signs for an item and gives there Folio number is the person's account the item will be charged to. You will be able to keep up with the charges on the on-screen statement from the TV.

Have a good time, sounds like a blast!

1. Some TAs do discount, but they are not allowed to advertise lower prices. Also, if you have 6 - 8 cabins booked you may qualify for some group perks and one free berth. then you would want to go thru the group dept of Carnival or a TA who handles groups.

2. Each sign and sail card goes to only that one person.

3. You might drop in on the Crazies Cruise thread and get some ideas. We are trying to get a better discount on Harbor House. If you go thru the thread with the Galveston cam I have heard you might get it as cheap as $129. It is right next to the port, walking distance really. If you share a room, the price wouldnt be so bad. There are other hotels along the ocean that will be cheaper and have parking. Check out the gulf port departures thread for more hotels.

PS we park at EZ Cruise for $50, they have great shuttles, there is another parking that is great too, I believe for $45 for a week, so parking is not so high that if you dont get free parking its such a big deal like other ports. EZCruise is dressed in bright orange and they run shuttles all morning probably no more than 15 minutes the most Iv ever waited between shuttles.

Archived