Credit Card refund

I'm a little upset and pepole that are a little upset tend to do "a little upset things" do you forgive for me attacking one person?

I'm 42 and have three children 2,6,10.

I will be happy to forgive you. Let us know how it all works out. As I said, we are all just trying to help.

I may or may not be right, but if you are getting excited when you are trying to talk to RCCL, they may not be as helpful as they can be. Keep in mind the person you are talking to, is NOT the one that made the initial mistake. While I agree they should have called back, it may be beneficial to try to remove some of the "venom" from your tone when you're speaking with them.

So just try to remain calm when you call them back. Ask for a supervisor. And explain the situation. Again, ask them if they have a tracking number for the return transaction.

David

Listen,, I'm really not up for criticism right now and how young I am, yada, yada. I just need so help. If you wanna look down your nose at someone are other places on the internet.:eek:

First I am sorry that you are having such a hard time but I do suggest you look at what you did to cause this. Both Blah blah balh and Yada YAda(as in Yada Yada talk to my hand) are both dismissive and rude. You started that with someone before me. I just said you should consider what you are saying it and how you say it.

You next response was that I was crabby(I was going to say King or soft shell but that would have been a smart alecky answer so I didn't.)...

Whether someone has more money than you is wholly irrelevant, but your response which you didn't have to give if you didn't like the answer was just as dismissive and rude.

But calling today is a waste of your time all you will do is get angrier and get someone who can't help you as the accounting department works Monday to Friday as do the banks and will probably be off Monday as well. When you get angry and ask for a supervisor at a call center either you will get hung up on or get the persons you are talking to coworker-maybe with a little more experience- but rarely a real supervisor. If you raise your voice they will think you are a nut(think how you kids react to raised voices).

There has been a fair amount of good advice which you either refuse to consider or are blinded because you don't like the poster-your problem not mine.

So you can continue to call. Personally I would wait until Tuesday calm down a bit and maybe you can get someone in accounting who can help you. If you yell at them they will label you a nut-true or not- and it will stay in the notes the next time you call... My two cents for what it is worth.

First I am sorry that you are having such a hard time but I do suggest you look at what you did to cause this. Both Blah blah balh and Yada YAda(as in Yada Yada talk to my hand) are both dismissive and rude. You started that with someone before me. I just said you should consider what you are saying it and how you say it.

You next response was that I was crabby(I was going to say King or soft shell but that would have been a smart alecky answer so I didn't.)...

Whether someone has more money than you is wholly irrelevant, but your response which you didn't have to give if you didn't like the answer was just as dismissive and rude.

But calling today is a waste of your time all you will do is get angrier and get someone who can't help you as the accounting department works Monday to Friday as do the banks and will probably be off Monday as well. When you get angry and ask for a supervisor at a call center either you will get hung up on or get the persons you are talking to coworker-maybe with a little more experience- but rarely a real supervisor. If you raise your voice they will think you are a nut(think how you kids react to raised voices).

There has been a fair amount of good advice which you either refuse to consider or are blinded because you don't like the poster-your problem not mine.

So you can continue to call. Personally I would wait until Tuesday calm down a bit and maybe you can get someone in accounting who can help you. If you yell at them they will label you a nut-true or not- and it will stay in the notes the next time you call... My two cents for what it is worth.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine is labeled a "difficult patient" by her doctor and every new doctor she goes to receives her medical records with the "difficult patient" moniker. She ends up actually becoming that way as she gets more and more frenzied about removing that description from her records.

Hopefully that won't happen to the OP and his situation will bre resolved. Probably won't happen before Tuesday, however, due to Memorial Day holiday.

Happened to you on 4-5 occasions!

Okay I had gone down to the bank last week and had them cancel the card as i though someone stole it. they said that RC could add money to a canceled card so thats solved. I did start the process of dispute with the credit card company but put it on hold wendsday since RC said they would fix it. now I guess i better tell they I will take the dispute out of hold and continue on. I'm SO MAD! and SAD :(

Canceling your credit card will cause your credit rating to go down. I know it sounds crazy, but it is true.

Thanks for not slamming me to hard. :P

I have been calling back. I called on thursday and Friday. The lady (adriana) that is on the case will not call me back. the people taking my call say they will give her the message that I called, I'm told she will call me right back. nothing. :confused: .

If you called my post critical, then I apologize, however, at the risk of being critical again, RCL CS is on call 24/7, if you're calling and asking for an individual, did you consider that she may be on her days off? Not everyone has all the money, nor does everyone work Mon through Fri 8 to 5.

PS, if you really think my post was attacking you, then for future reference, the little exclamation point in the triangle in the upper corner is used to report abusive posts to the mods.

Are you for real??? Do you know how many people that cruise have never heard of CC. So if RC charges those people the wrong amount to thier credit card would you tell them they should of got on CC and asked. And do you know how many people use their debit card everyday? It is NOT ok that RC over charged her and it is NOT OK that RC is putting holds on peoples credit cards for weeks. And the fact that RC has not called her back for a week really shows horrible customer service. Last year I had a grocery store double charge my debit card. It was 2 charges of 223.00. I went back to the store the next day and was not only credited the extra 223.00 that day but was also given a 50.00 gift card for the trouble. If I had been a single low income mother that desperately needed the other 223 for bills it would of been over. There is no excuse for RC not correcting this immediately!

Yep, I am for real, and like it or not, I told what is my experience, and what has been reported here by other people. I never said it was okay to overcharge, or that it was okay to take two weeks to issue a refund to a credit or debit card. You may not like that, but then again, I don't like broccolli, or reality TV, so I avoid them. If you don't like RCL's practices, then......

i learned my lesson once and didn't have to again. the cruiseline charged me for numerous charges that weren't mine. after that, my next 13 cruises have been with cold hard cash. i put down a nice deposit and always check my bill regularly. it may be a bit much but it is a lot less trouble than trying to get my bill straight, like i did the first time.

I am so glad you brought that up. Because to the best of my knowledge, there is not a credit card that is also a debit card.

I had bad (statement) news on our return from our recent cruise.

I used debit card in San Juan, PR....apparently someone else used it to purchase DELL computer products as well. :(

Actually there is such a thing as a credit card that is also a debit card. I had never seen one either until recently when a friend showed me hers so they do exist and yes, they can be used both ways and you would tell the store/vendor which way you want to use the card and I can see how it could be confusing and how mistakes could be made. I personally would only use a credit card as I would not want anyone to have direct access to my bank accounts but people do use them apparently.

I should add the way the debit/credit one card was explained to me is you can use it as a debit card to have direct access to withdraw funds or pay a bill like a normal debit card, then the bank also extends you a line of credit to use it like a credit card so you can pay it off in full or make payments on it like a regular credit card. It is a bit different then a regular Visa card as it is tied to the limit that your own bank that issued it to you will set but instead of writing a check to pay for something like a regular line of credit you could just use the credit card feature of the card to charge purchases like a regular credit card. I had never heard of them before and I can see how it could confuse a vendor but I still say 2 weeks is more then enough time for RCCL to straighten this out and I would still call the bank right away.

Yes I read your whole post. You stated:

"This is a Credit card that is also a Debit card. I gave RC my Credit card number to use for my seapass."

Just because it says Visa or Mastercard does not make it a Credit Card. If the money is immediately drawn from your bank account it is a Debit card.

I think this is right, debit cards say VISA or MC so merchants will accept them, but they are DEBIT cards. We never use a debit card anywhere but our local banks ATM machines. This is just one example why, that money is taken directly from your bank account and you have to sort it out later. If it was a credit card you could dispute it and it's easier to work out. Also if someone fraudulently gets the number on a debit card and makes charges on it, your money is GONE. Again with a credit card you can dispute it and not have to pay.

Don't use debit cards if you don't have too!

Plus, with credit cards you can accrue points or miles and fly or stay free someday!:)

I think this is right, debit cards say VISA or MC so merchants will accept them, but they are DEBIT cards. We never use a debit card anywhere but our local banks ATM machines. This is just one example why, that money is taken directly from your bank account and you have to sort it out later. If it was a credit card you could dispute it and it's easier to work out. Also if someone fraudulently gets the number on a debit card and makes charges on it, your money is GONE. Again with a credit card you can dispute it and not have to pay.

Plus, with credit cards you can accrue points or miles and fly or stay free someday!:)

Watch out this is exactly(more or less) what I said on page 2 and I was accused of being a crab for it......

This is not true, you can dispute a debit card transaction. As I said earlier in this thread, I had a merchant double charge me. The bank put the charge in dispute and put the amount back into my account while they were investigating. I had full access to the funds.

I do agree that I would not use my debit card to pay my sea pass account. RCL puts too many holds on and while I have no problem with a hold on a credit card, I don't want a hold on my bank account.

This is not true, you can dispute a debit card transaction. As I said earlier in this thread, I had a merchant double charge me. The bank put the charge in dispute and put the amount back into my account while they were investigating. I had full access to the funds.

I do agree that I would not use my debit card to pay my sea pass account. RCL puts too many holds on and while I have no problem with a hold on a credit card, I don't want a hold on my bank account.

While this is what your bank did, its not required to. for credit cards they are required to and contact the merchant by law or regulation. Many banks do say they give the same fraud protection that credit cards do. But credit cards get additional protection i.e if you have a problem with the goods and it was purchased more than a 100 miles from your home the credit card company has to eat the transaction, or if you make a down payment on the card and the company goes bankrupt the CC company has to refund the money while a debit card will not. These may seem like minor differences but when you need them they won't...

Well here we are and still no refund.

I have gotten a supervisor which did get the rep to call me back in which case she said that the refund was for some reason held up in the seacard pass dept and she got it all untangled and I was to get a refund that day which was thursday. Well still nothing. They admit these charges are not mine and they still have not given me a refund. What a class act!

On Tuesday I will call and tell them the bad news ....they failed agian.

Now...If I told them I had their money it would have been taken care of the same day. Wow..Just Wow!

Archived