? about ta's and RCI

Some time ago I read something about RCI not taking bookings from some type of TA's who just pay money and then get to say they are a TA.

T he reason I am asking is one of my coworkers told me that his wife is now a TA and he said he knew I liked to cruise. He gave me a flyer with a bunch of cruise prices on it, includind a RCI cruise. on the flyer it says it was printed by "cruise line international association". How do I find out if she is a legit TA , or just one of the fly by night people who just say they are one?

I would check the prices against RCCL's website, they should be the same as, from what I heard from 2 different TA's, RCCL doesn't allow TA's to discount their cruises. Unless she is offering OBC or something like that, I would just book direct, IMO it is less of a hassel.

How did she become an agent. I was hired by a large brick and mortar agency, took lots of classes (two more weeks to go in June). Took tests, etc. I am not even allowed to apply for an IATAN number until I have been an agent for 6 months, etc. CLIA is a reputable organization but I would check that she actually has accreditation with them.

I would check the prices against RCCL's website, they should be the same as, from what I heard from 2 different TA's, RCCL doesn't allow TA's to discount their cruises. Unless she is offering OBC or something like that, I would just book direct, IMO it is less of a hassel.

Although the base price is the same, TA's can offer perks such as pre-paid gratutities or offer On Board Credit (OBC). That is one reason why some people book through TA's or transfer a reservation they made directly with the cruiseline to a TA. On my most recent cruise I booked through the cruise line itself but transfered the reservation to a TA who offered pre paid gratuity (which worked out to about $300).

How did she become an agent. I was hired by a large brick and mortar agency, took lots of classes (two more weeks to go in June). Took tests, etc. I am not even allowed to apply for an IATAN number until I have been an agent for 6 months, etc. CLIA is a reputable organization but I would check that she actually has accreditation with them.

How long did it take you to become a TA?

All told it will be 4 months of training with 40 hours per week of training.

You just walked into a TA building and said "I want to be a TA?". LOL

Having fun yet?

Does it pay good?

Did you do online training or old fashion B & M building?

Oh so many questions...

;)

You just walked into a TA building and said "I want to be a TA?". LOL

Having fun yet?

Does it pay good?

Did you do online training or old fashion B & M building?

Oh so many questions...

;)

I answered an ad in the paper, 4 interviews, background check, etc, B and mortar, nice base salary and good commission scale. Yes I am having a blast, it is really fun, still not allowed to sell everything after I graduate in June I will be able to, so far have a 100 in school.

I answered an ad in the paper, 4 interviews, background check, etc, B and mortar, nice base salary and good commission scale. Yes I am having a blast, it is really fun, still not allowed to sell everything after I graduate in June I will be able to, so far have a 100 in school.

Did they pay for your schooling?

Archived