Choosing a room on the Sea

txstephie

My husband and I are going on our first cruise in April on the Sea. Our travel agent has booked us on the Biscayne Deck in a cat G room. She says that we won't be spending much time in our room, but i'm worried about being on such a low deck. Can anyone tell me if I should get an upgrade? This cruise is our 5th anniversay present to ourselves and I want it to be wonderful.
Thanks!

We were in a category KK on the Biscayne deck -- inside cabin, about 110 sq. ft. I was afraid I would be claustrophobic as it seemed so small, without any windows, but it didn't bother me at all. The room is laid out well, with a lot of closet space. Very small bathroom, but adequate.

That being said, if you slide the beds together, one person ends up having to crawl off the end of the bed, as one is stationary against the wall. We just left ours separate, which wasn't exactly the romantic atmosphere my DH was thinking of. I don't know for sure how the outside cabins work, but they don't look at whole lot different.

One thing to consider, if you are prone to seasickness at all, is that the motion of the ship is supposedly less in the bottom of the ship. We slept great! Your TA is correct, you probably won't spend much time in your room anyway. But, depending on how much the upgrade is, you might get a more "romantic atmosphere" if you move up. Just depends on what you're looking for. ;)

From what I remember any cabins in AFT part of ship especially on lower decks are affected by serious vibrations.... We were mid ship on one of the lower decks and were ok..these cabins are SMALL but fairly comfortable. We have sailed on the Sea 2x's and always had a great time, we don't spend time in cabin except for sleeping and changing clothes!
Chris Mitchell

We were in cabin 4130 on the Main deck. The cabin was quite cosy but adequate. It had all the room you needed. The only thing I did not like about it was that it was right beside the crew's storage room & the cabin steward woke me every morning at about 0530 when he was filling his ice bucket. The ice machine must have been sharing a wall with me. I just decided that the steward wanted me up early so I would not miss any of our incredible cruise!! Other than that, it was a great cabin, & a great little ship.

PS. As my luck would have it.. we were right beside the crew's access when we were on the Sun... we had cabin 8311. Other than a lot of banging the last night when they were picking up everybody's suitcases, it was a wonderful cabin.

I am sure you will enjoy the Sea.. even if you get a sleeping bag in the engine room!!

We did 13 days on the Sea a few years ago on the lowest deck inside...AND LOVED IT!!!
We were in a short "cross" hallway..if you know what I mean..and it was so quiet!
No kids running all around at all hours of the night..(apparently the kids' parents spring for the higher rent district so they tend to play up there).
Seriously..that was still one of the finest cruises I've been on...staff was superb with big smiles..cabin location was great..esp for afternoon naps!!;)

We were on the Sea May 8 this year. Had a wonderful time. The ship, crew, food, itinerary were all great. We book insides (unless there is a super bargain on OV). We were in 2151 which is a category KK. The one thing that we do like about an Ocean View is having the sun to help me wake up. Your cabin should be close enough to midship to not have a sever problem with motion. I checked on deck plans for the Sea and NCL has apparently eliminated giving out the size of the rooms for that ship. Other ships still have the room size listed.

Our cabin was on the corner of a cross hall. It was the smallest we've ever encountered but had enough room for us. Yes, if you have the beds put together it will result in one side being against the wall.

The size and configuration of the room is not a major concern for us. The savings on the cabin result in more cruises for us. (7 cruises since we started 22 months ago ... and no we're not retired :eek: )

Your comment about the sun helping to wake you up reminded me of something funny. My DH and I were cruising with a large group, including my sisters. The first morning, we met one of them at breakfast, and she asked where the 2nd one was. We responded that we hadn't seen her, and the two of us concluded they must have been up earlier and already eaten, and were probably by the pool (the 2nd sister and her DH are VERY early risers).

About 10 minutes later they showed up, breakfast in hand, and asked why we hadn't called to wake them up. They slept until 9:30, due to the nice, dark, comfortable inside room. My DS said it's the first time in 30 years she's slept that late. :D

Thanks everyone for the help! I think we'll go ahead and keep our cat. G room. We're going to be the next to last cruise before the Sea gets repositioned. I'm really looking forward to being on this ship. I've read so many great things about being on a smaller ship for your first cruise, and with this itinerary the Sea can't be beat!!!:o

Thansk for your question about cat. G rooms. We are scheduled to go on the Sea January 8, 2005 and have a cat. G outside. I was never really concerned but your question has made me feel even better. Have a great trip.

The cabins are small and I think I would go for a little higher deck, but your agent is also correct you don't spend all that much time in your cabin. WE choose to upgrade from deck 2 to the main deck, 4. I feel a little better about this. Our first cruise on the Sea was deck 6. Although the cabin was tiny we did just fine as the storage is great. Just go and enjoy. NMNita

Archived