Princess Elite Level - problems?

resstation

My parents are Princess Elite members and have had some issues on three of the last 10 cruises they have been on. If you are an Elite Circle member and have had problems with the staff knowing this at embarkation, how have you handled it? I'm curious because I have called Princess before each of their cruises to make sure their member number is on the booking so they won't have problems but it hasn't worked every time. Any ideas?

What sort of issues have they had? Generally any problems you encounter once onboard can be settled with a quick visit to the Captain's Circle hostess to confirm one's past passenger level.

Not sure if you are saying they were not listed as Elite, or if they were having problems receiving the perks associated with it?

We have never had a problem with our Elite status since reaching it, but still need more info about what your parent have run into.

I haven't had a any problems getting the perks. Some of the things-like afternoon tea and canapes-have to be ordered in advance, they just don't automatically bring them to you.

I have been a Princess Elite member since the level started. I have had some very, very minor problems such as no advance tendering tickets in room, no invitation to wine tasting and no upgraded bathroom stuff. But, nothing major and they were taken care of immediately with just a mention.

Were your parents issued a black cruise card when they embarked? This would show they are Elite. Please elaborate.

Just a reminder, the cruise cards are printed on the ship and brought to check-in by the IT people, they occasionally misprint a card for a guest (use the wrong color stock) All it takes is a simple stop at the Pursers desk or to the Circle hostess and you will get the right card.

Also many times the "loyalty" section of a guests reservation will not be filled out (sometimes shows one guests with no previous cruises) I suspect that this is caused by not properly filling out the cruise personalizer online.

While I haven't been Elite very long, I haven't had any problems so far. With regard to the priority tender tickets, I was told on my recent Sapphire cruise that your cruise card is your priority tender ticket and that they were no longer issuing special tickets. What sort of problems have your parents experienced? As long as they are issued the black Elite cards, there shouldn't be any problem with embarkation, etc.

While I haven't been Elite very long, I haven't had any problems so far. With regard to the priority tender tickets, I was told on my recent Sapphire cruise that your cruise card is your priority tender ticket and that they were no longer issuing special tickets. What sort of problems have your parents experienced? As long as they are issued the black Elite cards, there shouldn't be any problem with embarkation, etc.

In Jan,on Emerald,our cruise cards were our priority tender passes but on Caribbean earlier this month,we received paper passes.

In Jan,on Emerald,our cruise cards were our priority tender passes but on Caribbean earlier this month,we received paper passes.

On the Diamond, in January, I received paper passes. Must be a hit and miss thing.

I've been an elite for quite along time...

I still go by my maiden name and travel with my mom 99.9% of cruises.

and ALWAYS except once while on the Pacific Princess where Sylvain was the host and FCC combined..

Mail to our stateroom regarding elite information has been addressed

Mr and Mrs where2next

instead of Mrs. and Mrs. where2next

On the Pacific our black card was noted for early tender otherwise I have always had paper passes.

also on the Pacific for wine tasting we just showed our black card no letter.

I'll be on the Star in a couple of months for a run for the border girls getaway...we'll see how it works then!

I have been a Princess Elite member since the level started. I have had some very, very minor problems such as no advance tendering tickets in room, no invitation to wine tasting and no upgraded bathroom stuff. But, nothing major and they were taken care of immediately with just a mention.

Were your parents issued a black cruise card when they embarked? This would show they are Elite. Please elaborate.

Sorry I didn't elaborate more fully. There have been no disasters, just the minor problems as described above. My parents speak English as a second language (they are Greek) and I always try to make sure everything is OK before they leave. I guess I'm just "over protective" - lol. They do manage to figure it all out. They are almost 80 and I think I'm turning into their parent now. Thanks for all the responses.

Sorry I didn't elaborate more fully. There have been no disasters, just the minor problems as described above. My parents speak English as a second language (they are Greek) and I always try to make sure everything is OK before they leave. I guess I'm just "over protective" - lol. They do manage to figure it all out. They are almost 80 and I think I'm turning into their parent now. Thanks for all the responses.

I find myself doing the same thing. Mom & Dad are 80-ish and I'm in my mid 40's and I sometimes feel like my parents' parent. Sad in a way.

I find myself doing the same thing. Mom & Dad are 80-ish and I'm in my mid 40's and I sometimes feel like my parents' parent. Sad in a way.

What's worse is that I'm 42 and sometimes feel like I have LESS energy than they do! They are always doing something. Dad walks an hour a day on the treadmill and mom is going going going all day.

What's worse is that I'm 42 and sometimes feel like I have LESS energy than they do! They are always doing something. Dad walks an hour a day on the treadmill and mom is going going going all day.

If you think that is bad, I have a hard time keeping up with my 78 year old mother who had had three cancer surgeries, chemo and radiation within the last year and a half! Nothing seems to stop her! About the only thing I can do faster than her is eat since her surgeries were all for oral cancer!

I know exactly how you feel. My mom is in that same category and I often feel sad, too. But, I guess we have to cherish the good and the not-so-good.

BTW, I am also from Oregon. :p

Archived