Prices for tours in Bora Bora & Raiatea

JJPacer

We have the contact info for these tours. We were just wondering about the cost for each tour.

We have read that Patrick in Bora Bora is excellent. What does he charge?

We also have contact info for Bruno in Raiatea. What does he charge?

Thanks for your help.

We did the Bruno tour last July. As I recall it was $115/pp if you paid in cash or via PayPal. I believe he's increased the fee to $125. But, it was one of the best shore excursions that we've ever taken. It was really a great day!!! And, the snorkeling at the Coral Garden is the best I've ever experienced.

Brunos tour was a bit pricey and then when we got to the pier to board the boat he told us the price had gone up another $20.00. Luckily we had brought some cash with us so we were covered. I know his website says he can do this but I still didn't like it.

Brunos tour was a bit pricey and then when we got to the pier to board the boat he told us the price had gone up another $20.00. Luckily we had brought some cash with us so we were covered. I know his website says he can do this but I still didn't like it.

I totally agree. I too believe that once you "book" an excursion, the price shouldn't change ... and especially when your "captive" at the dock. That said, I enjoyed the Bruno trip so much that I would have paid more for it.

Patrick on BB IS excellent!! He is a very good host. we paid 110pp in Feb 08 with 13 of us, it was very much worth the price. I would go back just to see Patrick again, and I'm sure all the women on our tour would agree ;)

We took Bruno again this past March--we also took Patrick again in Papette---neither one was excitede about US funds

In the past they wanted US Dollars--this March much happier with local currency

We were notified a couple of months in advance by Bruno concerning--another $10

In business, in the US today--we are running into sur charges on everything that we have delivered--by truck or whatever--no one calls to ask you if you would like to pay this fee--there really is no choice

I suppose that with our weak dollar and our crazy current fuel prices -- just have to pay--or stay home

Nancy:D

• 4 weeks later...

Damien in Bora Bora is GREAT - the Bora Bora trip was the best one we have ever had and Patrick in Papeete was also a great trip - informative and you see a different side of Tahiti that you never new existed !

Bruno pulled the same crap on me a couple if years ago-charging extra at the dock.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...

We booked with Bruno for our June trip on the PG and we were so excited about it. I had emailed him and told him we were on the PG and asked if there would be any problem getting back to the ship and he said no problem. We met him on the dock and the boat was already filled with people (don't think they were speaking english either) and he asked us what time the ship was leaving. We told him 5 and he acted surprised and asked my husband to go check. My husband jogged all the way back to the ship to find out what we already knew and then Bruno told my husband that we(my husband and I) just wasted 10 minutes and kept asking if we could be a little late. We are pretty easy going (and it was our anniversary:( ), but my husband just said no thank you we will stay here. Good news is that Bruno gave us back our deposit without us even asking.

We lucked out with the PG excursion desk and they told us that there had just been a cancellation for the drift snorkel that went to the same place. So all ended well!!! We spent the day with a boat load of fun people.

We used Damien on Bora Bora and wound up having no other people on our trip so it was private!! Awesome snorkeling, great motu, great guy!!!!

Returned 3 weeks ago:( had Bruno on Raiatea, loved the tour, I can't say anything bad about Bruno as he treated us well, although he was bit hard to understand and wasn't very talkative, could come across as a bit rude or arrogant;)

Damien, the "God of Bora Bora" he was the best, lovey lovely guy and would recommend him, well worth the price!! he loves his job and Bora Bora and it shows! There were 7 of us on the tour, unreal speedboat and a great day:)

Chez

xx

Patrick on BB IS excellent!! He is a very good host. we paid 110pp in Feb 08 with 13 of us, it was very much worth the price. I would go back just to see Patrick again, and I'm sure all the women on our tour would agree ;)

I know there is a Patrick on Papeete but is this a different Patrick? What did his tour consist of?

Thanks for the information. We're not travelling until Oct 2009 but the planning is so exciting!

• 6 months later...

I have been looking for tours at these locations also.......always wonderful to have personal recommendations. I will be in the area in October 2009. Ship tours are not open yet for booking but I know they are much more expensive. Is that the experience you all have had?

I have been looking for tours at these locations also.......always wonderful to have personal recommendations. I will be in the area in October 2009. Ship tours are not open yet for booking but I know they are much more expensive. Is that the experience you all have had?

There are some tours that I would advise going through the ship, especially any that might press up against sail time - we had that experience in Huahine - our tour was last back and we rode the last tender to the ship. Had we been on a private tour, I'm not sure that we would have made the ship in time.

As a sweeping generalization, ship tours will be more expensive and more crowded as a rule. I can reccomend Bruno and Patrick, however we did have some trouble with Bruno's tour in that he got more requests than he would handle with his own boat, so he chartered a second boat for us, but our guide spoke no English, so it was a very quiet tour and there was some confusion at times.

Archived