Any Menu any restaurant??

fireflytx

I just saw on the Travel Channel that on Princess, if you want to order from the Sterling menu in your dining room, or vice versa... basically you can order from any menu on the ship from any dining room or specialty dining, you can .... can someone please shed some light????:confused:

I just saw on the Travel Channel that on Princess, if you want to order from the Sterling menu in your dining room, or vice versa... basically you can order from any menu on the ship from any dining room or specialty dining, you can .... can someone please shed some light????:confused:
I haven't heard of that but I do know that you can make a special request for a particular item; it has to be made with the Maitre D the night before you want to have it. I have never heard of menus being exchanged between the specialty restaurants or the dining rooms. People pay extra to be in the specialty restaurants so I very much doubt that menu sharing would be possible. Otherwise, why pay extra to go to the specialty restaurant? Sounds like the Travel Channel is confused and mis-leading.

I think the Travel Channel was reporting outdated info. Originally, on the Sapphire and Diamond, before they dropped the differences in the four themed anytime dining venues, you could do that. It did not last long at all.

I think the Travel Channel was reporting outdated info. Originally, on the Sapphire and Diamond, before they dropped the differences in the four themed anytime dining venues, you could do that. It did not last long at all.
That's true but why would they report on two ships out of the entire fleet as though that was the norm for all Princess ships. It lasted only 3 - 4 months, I believe, and that was several years ago. Before replying the first time, I thought of the original Sapphire/Diamond dining rooms but then thought that was such old news that the Travel Channel wouldn't be that stupid or wouldn't check their facts.

The Travel Channel reruns and reruns shows ad nauseum. So much is out of date. I'd never believe anything I saw on the Travel Channel unless I checked the facts myself first.

The Travel Channel reruns and reruns shows ad nauseum. So much is out of date. I'd never believe anything I saw on the Travel Channel unless I checked the facts myself first.

This is very true, but everytime a cruise show is on, no matter if I have seen it ten times before, I watch it anyway!! :)

just yesterday I was watching 10 best resorts in mexico. behind the "expert" they were talking to was a magazine cover with 2001 on it.

They repeat really old shows often.

just yesterday I was watching 10 best resorts in mexico. behind the "expert" they were talking to was a magazine cover with 2001 on it.
That's probably why I don't watch the Travel Channel very much. You really can't depend on their being current or accurate (if they were in the first place, which they apparently weren't.)

Archived