Is it possible get paper docs and E docs?

Doinitwell

I was told by my TA that if I want paper docs, donot request e-docs when You go online to fill out the requested information. If You do request the e-docs, You will not get the paper docs.

I was told by my TA that if I want paper docs, donot request e-docs when You go online to fill out the requested information. If You do request the e-docs, You will not get the paper docs.
I was told the same by my PVP. Actually I did select e-documents last year and when I called my PVP she said that is what it showed, I had selected e-docs and would not receive paper.

Yes' date=' you can get both if you request paper docs initially. Last year, I was able to get both because I requested paper docs and after I picked those up I went online.[/quote']

So, do I need to check the box to request paper docs? Or will it default to that if I do nothing.

You can get both, this is how I've been able to do both. I did not go to the e-docs screen and select anything. At a little over 30 days out, you can go to my documents, and if you still see the 2 selection boxes (paper or e-docs), back out of it and select nothing. When they have printed your paper docs to be mailed, you will see the My Documents screen. You will see a message at the top, in red, with a view button. Beside the view button, you will see My Documents, with the ship names, your names, sail date, booking number and cabin number underneath. To the left will be a map of your itinerary, and below your sail information will be your itenerary. The message in red that I mentioned earlier at the top will read like this:

Guests will receive paper documents via mail. (Message I.D. 1206)

Once you see that little message in red, your paper docs have been printed and you will be getting them in the mail within a week or so of seeing it. Then you can look at your e-docs all you like and still know the paper docs are coming. If that little red message isn't there, back out of it and select nothing, because once you select e-docs, you can't change it back.

Also, once you see the little red message, at the top you will see Document Preference:Electronic. Pay that no attention, it's always shown up there, and I've still gotten my paper docs via mail

Just remember little message in red, they're on the way via mail.

No red message, back out and do nothing if you want the paper docs.

Lots of people are happy being able to look at them once they have paid off their cruise, but I still like to see the little blue booklet in the mailbox. I know eventually they will go to nothing but the e-docs, but until then, I'm gonna have my little souveniers.;)

Lots of people are happy being able to look at them once they have paid off their cruise, but I still like to see the little blue booklet in the mailbox. I know eventually they will go to nothing but the e-docs, but until then, I'm gonna have my little souveniers.;)

Me too. Something about getting that blue folder in the mail is part of the excitement for me. I did exactly what you outlined last year, and it worked fine. I also printed out the edocs, and used the luggage tags that printed out in addition to the ones we got in the folder. I liked seeing the list of shore excursions booked, and you don't get that in the paper docs.

We have received our paper docs. I just went to look if I could still pull them up online. Yes, I was able to. So, if you request paper docs you can get both.

Thats what I did, I just waited for them to come in the mail and than I printed out a backup online at carnival.com

Just please do not look at them online until you have gotten your docs in the mail.

I have so many clients who call to ask why they have e-docs and they are wanting to get paper docs. When I ask them did they try to look online at their docs, they have. Right now, I have a group cruise for Aug. These people cant even see the docs yet but when they click to choose edocs, it goes into the system as docs. No going back at that point.

Last month I had a couple with 2 cabins. The wife tried to look at one cabin's (the kid's cabin) docs online. So, they had one cabin that got paper docs and one that had edocs. Kinda annoying to them but I had no controll over it.

IMO - Carnival is pushing the edocs on people by teasing them. :D Oneday soon, Carnival will go toward all edocs and do away with paper all together.

You can get both, this is how I've been able to do both. I did not go to the e-docs screen and select anything. At a little over 30 days out, you can go to my documents, and if you still see the 2 selection boxes (paper or e-docs), back out of it and select nothing. When they have printed your paper docs to be mailed, you will see the My Documents screen. You will see a message at the top, in red, with a view button. Beside the view button, you will see My Documents, with the ship names, your names, sail date, booking number and cabin number underneath. To the left will be a map of your itinerary, and below your sail information will be your itenerary. The message in red that I mentioned earlier at the top will read like this:

Guests will receive paper documents via mail. (Message I.D. 1206)

Once you see that little message in red, your paper docs have been printed and you will be getting them in the mail within a week or so of seeing it. Then you can look at your e-docs all you like and still know the paper docs are coming. If that little red message isn't there, back out of it and select nothing, because once you select e-docs, you can't change it back.

Also, once you see the little red message, at the top you will see Document Preference:Electronic. Pay that no attention, it's always shown up there, and I've still gotten my paper docs via mail

Just remember little message in red, they're on the way via mail.

No red message, back out and do nothing if you want the paper docs.

This is sort of how it works.. I get both as well, but the key is to actually SELECT paper docs right away (do NOT select e-docs), then after you've paid in full (whenever that happens to be) your e-docs will be made available online. Has nothing to do with 'not selecting anything'. I am getting the same 'guests will receive paper docs via mail' message mentioned above right now, and my paper docs will not be mailed for some time (Nov 08 cruise); but I know that I am getting them, approximately 30-60 days out.

Once I pay in full in a few weeks, my electronic docs will become avail online, and at that time I'll save a copy to my computer. Then I'll wait for my paper docs to arrive at the normal time.. :)

If I've requested paper docs from my TA, is there anything else that I need to do, or am I good to go? I sail in a about 30 days and want to make sure I am not forgetting to do anything. Thanks.

Nothing further you need to do regarding your docs, but if you don't receive them in the next week or so at the latest; I would call your TA so he/she can contact Carnival to confirm that your docs have been mailed (for peace of mind if nothing else).

Documents are typically mailed about 30 days out, so a follow-up is warranted if not received around this time frame..

Once the paper docs are in the mail, (usually about 40 days prior to sailing) you are able to go online and print your e-docs. When the webpage has "view your documents" and you chose paper docs, then go ahead and print them.

If I have the docs coming from my TA, do I still need to go online and do a FunPass? Or is that part of my paper docs?

Yes, you'll still need to do the FunPass. It makes it easier for the check-in process. This is where you put in your Birth Certificate or Passport information. This is also where you put in the information needed for your Sail and Sign card. (Typically the last 4 digits of your credit card.)

If I've requested paper docs from my TA, is there anything else that I need to do, or am I good to go? I sail in a about 30 days and want to make sure I am not forgetting to do anything. Thanks.

I got my docs at 29 days. But, if you went through a TA it may take a little longer because Carnival will mail them to the TA who will then mail them to you.

I filled everything out online and it shows as "completed," but I cannot get it to print the FunPass out... It just does nothing.

Website glitch?

Do have to have the FunPass in hand?

If all my stuff is EDoc, and I complete everything online, do I really need anything more than ID and Proof of Citizenship?

I filled everything out online and it shows as "completed," but I cannot get it to print the FunPass out... It just does nothing.

Website glitch?

Do have to have the FunPass in hand?

If all my stuff is EDoc, and I complete everything online, do I really need anything more than ID and Proof of Citizenship?

If you're all electronic and you completed your FunPass online, that's all you need to do. Many folks like to print and bring their FunPasses with them to check-in, but it's really not necessary.

ID and proof of citizenship is all you need...everything else will be in their system..

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for all the responses and info. I will wait until I receive the paper docs and than view them online to use as a back-up. :)

And that is what I have done. I have received my paper documents, but I still also have access to my e-documents. :)

This is sort of how it works.. I get both as well, but the key is to actually SELECT paper docs right away (do NOT select e-docs), then after you've paid in full (whenever that happens to be) your e-docs will be made available online. Has nothing to do with 'not selecting anything'. I am getting the same 'guests will receive paper docs via mail' message mentioned above right now, and my paper docs will not be mailed for some time (Nov 08 cruise); but I know that I am getting them, approximately 30-60 days out.

Once I pay in full in a few weeks, my electronic docs will become avail online, and at that time I'll save a copy to my computer. Then I'll wait for my paper docs to arrive at the normal time.. :)

The part about selecting paper docs is correct, but you CANNOT open or save to your computer the edocs prior to the time your paper docs are actually mailed. Bubbles is correct about that. If you select, view, or try to save edocs to your computer prior to the time the paper docs are mailed, you will not get paper docs.

If you choose the paper document option can you also access your documents online?

That is a great question. I would think that when you receive your paper documents which I still think is fun to get in the mail, you can go online and see them there too. I do not think I would look at your documents online until you get them as it may confuse them LOL, and you know how easily Carnival can get confused.:p

The part about selecting paper docs is correct, but you CANNOT open or save to your computer the edocs prior to the time your paper docs are actually mailed. Bubbles is correct about that. If you select, view, or try to save edocs to your computer prior to the time the paper docs are mailed, you will not get paper docs.

Okay, I'll acept that.. but I am almost sure that I was able to access my e-docs prior to my paper docs being mailed for our Glory cruise last summer; but I admit, my recollection of the timeline could be off on that. I do know that I was able to access e-docs (view, print, save, etc.) and still receive paper docs for last year's cruise though..

I'll pay more attention to the timing for our cruise later this year..

Archived