Immerson

Has anyone read the posts about immersion cruises? Does anybody know if this cruise is an emmersion cruise. I have e-mailed RC and asked but as of yet have not received a reply.

Has anyone read the posts about immersion cruises? Does anybody know if this cruise is an emmersion cruise. I have e-mailed RC and asked but as of yet have not received a reply.

You need to tell us the ship and sail date.

What is an "immersion cruise"???

Royal Caribbean is trying a concept called "immersion"on several of their itineraries. Their idea is that food, entertainment and PA announcements will all be of the region where the cruise is sailing. Check out more on the RCCL board. Sounds corny to me. I certainly wouldn't want to eat all asian/oriental food for 12 days nor hear announcements made in some Asian language.

If you look at any cruise on the RCCL website there is some dialogue alongside the itinerary map which will say whether it is an immersion cruise or not - something along the lines of ..... 'this product has been sold almost exclusively to guests from .......; therefore the services and product have been tailored to their cultural preferences'.

For what it's worth, I called Royal Caribbean and asked if our upcoming Med cruise would be an immersion cruise (I really didn't care as long as the crew spoke adequate English) and was told that they had no plans of making any of the Med itineraries immersion cruises. I think the whole topic has been a bit overblown (on the RCI boards at least).

Archived