Only you guys can sympathize...

coolestwife

The idea of a temp agency is a good one! I had one temp job turn into a permanent position several years ago!

Another suggestion is to take classes to improve your skills or to change your skills for something else. For example, I know several people who have changed from secretarial to nursing, because the job market is MUCH better in the medical field. (in my area) There are programs available which will finance your schooling and pay for your housing, too. (Pell comes to mind) You can call your local Vocational School/ Technical Center or Community College to find out more information.

I'm at 119 since February 2007 (59 different companies). Keep in mind some websites you apply for more than one job at a time. Also, keep a spreadsheet and copies of the job descriptions. Notice how the same office jobs get posted about every 2-3 months. Today I received my notice I passed the postal exam. I'm just elated that I passed.

I'm at 119 since February 2007 (59 different companies). Keep in mind some websites you apply for more than one job at a time. Also, keep a spreadsheet and copies of the job descriptions. Notice how the same office jobs get posted about every 2-3 months. Today I received my notice I passed the postal exam. I'm just elated that I passed.

Hey TMC,

If you are going to be a disgruntled postal worker you are going to need a gun. Do you have any certain make, model or caliber in mind? I can fix you up with about anything.;)

And the post from nothomeonacruise is sound advice. If I wasn't so old I would let our worthless government put me thru school. But alas, it is getting late. I don't know if I could see well enough to give someone a shot. Heck, I'm not sure that I could remember who to give it to.:o

Hey TMC,

If you are going to be a disgruntled postal worker you are going to need a gun. Do you have any certain make, model or caliber in mind? I can fix you up with about anything.;)

And the post from nothomeonacruise is sound advice. If I wasn't so old I would let our worthless government put me thru school. But alas, it is getting late. I don't know if I could see well enough to give someone a shot. Heck, I'm not sure that I could remember who to give it to.:o

You're never too old to go back to school! If not a Pell, there are plenty of financial aid packages available. I have a friend who went back to school (in his 50's) to certify in computer networking. He's now employed by our local school board with all the benefits.

Sometimes we have to step away from old job habits and think about new possibilities. This could mean going back to school or training in a new field. I think it's far better to train people to work, as it helps get them off unemployment and welfare. Thus, they can afford to cruise again!

I have one part time job. [i am retired] I clean some office buildings.. They are great about me taking off to cruise.. But this year I took on an other part time job.. Had to if I want to cruise. I am a home provider to an elderly lady 5 days a week, 3 hrs a day.. Not much money, but then not much work either.. I had to so I could continue to cruise.. Someone said to me, why don't you just cut back your cruising? I replied, NO WAY!

When things rough, I remind myself, not too many days away and I will be on a deck with a drink in hand.. Makes the hard times easier.

But even with the 2 jobs, I have to tell you I am worried.. Yesterday at the grocery, things were up quite a bit .. I bought disposable coffee cups for work.. They have been 2 packs for a dollar, now they are .89 cents a pack. That is close to doubling.. This stuff has to stop!

I have one part time job. [i am retired] I clean some office buildings.. They are great about me taking off to cruise.. But this year I took on an other part time job.. Had to if I want to cruise. I am a home provider to an elderly lady 5 days a week, 3 hrs a day.. Not much money, but then not much work either.. I had to so I could continue to cruise.. Someone said to me, why don't you just cut back your cruising? I replied, NO WAY!

When things rough, I remind myself, not too many days away and I will be on a deck with a drink in hand.. Makes the hard times easier.

But even with the 2 jobs, I have to tell you I am worried.. Yesterday at the grocery, things were up quite a bit .. I bought disposable coffee cups for work.. They have been 2 packs for a dollar, now they are .89 cents a pack. That is close to doubling.. This stuff has to stop!

I have a job for you. You can start working for me tomorrow at $17.00/hr (to start). Only downside is you would have to move to northern Canada. And I mean NORTHERN Canada. We are in DIRE need of workers.

I have a job for you. You can start working for me tomorrow at $17.00/hr (to start). Only downside is you would have to move to northern Canada. And I mean NORTHERN Canada. We are in DIRE need of workers.

LOL. You need workers because you let it get too cold up there.. I am in the south.. I hate cold weather.. But thanks anyway:p

Coolestwife, there you go.. There is you a job..LOL

The great thing about cruising is the fact that you don't have to be rich to cruise. I don't have to have a suite or balcony. We usually book an inside cabin and pick a time around Xmas when the rates are low. It burns one of my contractor friends up when I tell him that I have a cruise booked. I told him that I didn't drive a $40,000 truck and a $50,000 bassboat like he does so I can afford to cruise once or twice a year.

He is still mad.:D

Archived