Questions about Carnival Glory

Hi everyone!

I am trying to pick a cruise for this year for me and my mom. I'm thinking of the Carnival Glory out of Pt. Canaveral.

Any information on this ship would be appreciated!

Biggest question though that I have is that we are thinking of booking a Balcony stateroom. When looking at the few pics I can find, it looks as if these balconies are small with just small chairs and no loungers. Is this correct? If you have any good pics of the balcony stateroom, I would love to see them.

Thanks for any info you want to share! :)

Lisa

I just booked our family today on the Glory for an Eastern Caribbean tour.

We leave in 12 days. Last minute deals are nice and living a couple miles from Pt Canaveral helps

Couple things to remind me if you can, please...

How much is the soda card for the kids? We buy that on board? Any bar? Does it work at dinner?

I have a lot of research to do...

BTW, long time no see!

I believe the soda cards are between 20-25 dollars for the length of cruise and can be used for ANY soda purchase. You can purchase them at any bar on the ship. Please let me know how you enjoy the Glory. If I decide to book, I will be booking next month.

I believe the soda cards are between 20-25 dollars for the length of cruise and can be used for ANY soda purchase. You can purchase them at any bar on the ship. Please let me know how you enjoy the Glory. If I decide to book, I will be booking next month.

Thank you.

As I have done on past cruises (Legend & Valor), I will post some things while on board and a post cruise report

We have also been on the Glory twice, once in a suite and most recently, a few months ago in a extended balcony cabin. We also loved the Glory and will be sailing on the Glory again without hesitation in a balcony cabin. We found our balcony (although it was an extended balcony) to be very spacious.

Have a great cruise!

We booked a category 8A in the aft of the ship and the cabin that Carnival Vacation Club, (which we are members) offered was an extended balcony. I am not sure if it was considered an upgrage or not. You can certainly check with Carnival and ask abount extended balconies in Category 8. In regards to room for three, in our opinion, the cabin we were assigned was large enough to accomodate three passengers.

Enjoy your cruise!

I just booked our family today on the Glory for an Eastern Caribbean tour.

We leave in 12 days. Last minute deals are nice and living a couple miles from Pt Canaveral helps

Couple things to remind me if you can, please...

How much is the soda card for the kids? We buy that on board? Any bar? Does it work at dinner?

I have a lot of research to do...

BTW, long time no see!

EngIceDave, come join our roll call ! We have a meet and greet at the aft of the Lido deck after muster !

There is an "All Things Glory" thread around somewhere, too, that has lots of info.

I actually liked the ship much more than I expected to, although there were things I didn't care for. I do cruise for the itinerary rather than the ports, though, so the actual ship experience isn't the biggest factor for me.

No, the balconies are not that big, but you're not out there that much. They're great for early mornings with coffee, and late afternoons and late evenings. The chairs are not bad but lounge chairs suitable for "laying out" are pretty much out of the question.

Bottom line; book the Glory. Great ship. Beautiful ship. Fun ship. We did the Western cruise last year and eventhough the hurricanes screwed up our ports, we had a great time. We've booked the same cruise again this year since we'll be visiting different ports this time (if the hurricanes stay away).

You'll love the Glory!

Archived